Discussion of article "MQL5 Cookbook: Multi-Currency Expert Advisor - Simple, Neat and Quick Approach"

New article MQL5 Cookbook: Multi-Currency Expert Advisor - Simple, Neat and Quick Approach is published:

This article will describe an implementation of a simple approach suitable for a multi-currency Expert Advisor. This means that you will be able to set up the Expert Advisor for testing/trading under identical conditions but with different parameters for each symbol. As an example, we will create a pattern for two symbols but in such a way so as to be able to add additional symbols, if necessary, by making small changes to the code.

MQL5 Cookbook: Multi-Currency Expert Advisor - Simple, Neat and Quick Approach

Author: Anatoli Kazharski

Dear Author,

Greetings.

To beginwith, I am quite interested in your EA and I would like to use it in a demo contest.

Next, I am familiar with the first two files: eventsspy.m5 and multisymbolexpert.zip, but I am not familiar with the second ones: multisymbolexpert_eurusd.set and multisymbolexpert_nzdusd.set. How do I have to do with the ones?

Would you give a kind of direxction of the usage of the last two files mentioned above?

Lastly but certainly not the least, thank you very much for your special attention and excellent help.

Kindest regards,

Theo Suryadi

theo.suryadi:

Dear Author,

Unfortunately the Author of the EA did not create this thread,  he may not even know that it exists, you should PM him instead.

The article is neat and easy to follow, and providing the settings in the .set files. I did have an issue with the symbol execution modes, specifically the condition checking whether it was instant or market, and only after that letting orders be opened, which I had to remove, but everything worked fine .

I do have a question. I have seen many different advanced approaches, such as this one, which are built from the ground neglecting the Expert, ExpertSignal, ExpertTrade…. structure provided, even though they spend a lot of code (and time, I suppose) replicating some of its features. Could anybody justify this to me, please?

Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Symbol Properties
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Symbol Properties
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Symbol Properties - Documentation on MQL5

jlwarrior:

The article is neat and easy to follow, and providing the settings in the .set files. I did have an issue with the symbol execution modes, specifically the condition checking whether it was instant or market, and only after that letting orders be opened, which I had to remove, but everything worked fine .

I do have a question. I have seen many different advanced approaches, such as this one, which are built from the ground neglecting the Expert, ExpertSignal, ExpertTrade…. structure provided, even though they spend a lot of code (and time, I suppose) replicating some of its features. Could anybody justify this to me, please?

Some people like programming, and not only use what already exist. ;-)

The author's series, 'CookBook' is most helpful, especially as he starts with simpler concepts and gradually adds more and more to the experts. I spend a lot of time working with these and  although progress has been slow, I am definitely getting some grasp as to how to use MT5 to advantage.

daveM

Jose:

Hi everyone!

I'm trying to test this EA but just got the following message in Strategy Tester: "Error opening the position: 4753 - 1 The position not found". I don't understand why. This happens when the "trade.PositionOpen" function is executed in the line 159 of file "TradeFunctions.mqh". Someone can give me a help please?

"TimeframeToString" does not exist and is not declared in the article, kindly rteplace by "EnumToString".
Reason: