Previous bar ticks - page 2

gordon is the network situation simplistic enough to be cast as a network "latency" (ping time, etc) issue or is there something else going on in the network above and beyond simple ping metrics? (Just asking for your opinion, not expecting/requiring a CCIE or MCSE class iron-clad response, although if you have one then I'd take it as well :) )

It's due to a combination of Network related issues - extremely poor latency (a ping of about 200-400ms relative to <10ms on the server), almost triple the number of hops, much smaller bandwidth that is over-used by normal home usage of internet (occasionally also file-sharing).

Mine might be an extreme case, but my point is that 'Network Issues' can indeed cause many lost ticks.

Gordon, that is interesting.
Can you share how it is possible to install primary logger?Thank you.

Brygada:
Gordon, that is interesting.
Can you share how it is possible to install primary logger?Thank you.

The version I use is very similar to this -> https://www.mql5.com/en/code/7777

gordon:

The version I use is very similar to this -> https://www.mql5.com/en/code/7777

How does the number of ticks received on the VPS compared to Volume[n] ? (I'm assuming here that Volumne[n] is maintained and sent by the broker, and isn't just a count of ticks received by the MT4 client.)

jjc:

How does the number of ticks received on the VPS compared to Volume[n] ? (I'm assuming here that Volumne[n] is maintained and sent by the broker, and isn't just a count of ticks received by the MT4 client.)

Good question. I'll check it out... (might take a day or two... a bit busy).

gordon:

Good question. I'll check it out... (might take a day or two... a bit busy).

I'd be interested to know your findings, but I've just done a quick test myself. Decent server specification; 3ms latency to the broker (demo account); one instance of MT4; nothing running in MT4 apart from a very simple EA for counting ticks. The EA couldn't really be much simpler or faster, but it's still missing ticks compared to Volume[0], particularly when volume rises above an average of 1 tick per second. Examples of Volume[0] vs ticks for the last few minutes on EURUSD are 72/67; 77/73; 83/82; 78/73; 84/73.

Gordon, it is what i need to have you here.You said The primary logger sits on a server that's near the broker.
The link that you gave is just ticks saver. But my goal is server. Can you explain how to get ticks right from the server, not a from
MT4 platform. Or do you know some even better source than server.

Is there way to get to liquidity provider data?

Brygada:
Can you explain how to get ticks right from the server, not a from MT4 platform.

You run ON the server.

Reason: