Help with writing the EA - page 2

very stealthy operation 007! 8-)

Viffer:

Ahhh, we obviously misunderstood you... it's a stolen indicator not a stolen EA... that's OK then.

On that basis, lets take a look. Oh wait... no buffers, no drawing, Ordersend(). There's your problem right there, it's a decompiled EA.

No buffers and no drawing because that I have deleted since i did not need them.

I wanted to use the calculation of the indicator to make an EA

and thats why the Ordersend() function that I have written by myself.

The decompiled version of the indicator works fine and gives sound and email alerts for trade

I just wanted to automize the process so that whenever it gives alerts, it should trade instead

If you people can help, It would be great, otherwise I will try to figure a way out

Thanks!

Jay, I grant you, by a country mile I'm not the most experienced person on here, but that code, for me at least, is unintelligable. I have no clue what it is attempting to do. One of the things I've learned over the months is that good code is clear and well defined. That is especially helpful when it comes to de bugging. I'm fairly sure that presenting unintelligable code will not do anything to encourage commitment of the very valuable time from the outstanding people that can be found here.

I will also add that protected code is usually protected for a reason. Using a decompiler to hack it is plain wrong. If you rocked up here having decompiled one of my EA's, I would be furious and furious at anyone who tried to help you. And I just do this for fun. Can you imagine how those here who do this for a living would feel about their code being decomplied.

I would strongly urge you to start a fresh. A bit of study and perseverance and this language is not that difficult to pick up... after all, if I can do it...

Click on the Book, read through the code base and ask questions here. The resource is all here, although its free, its value is limitless. All it demands is a little respect.
V

Viffer:
Jay, I grant you, by a country mile I'm not the most experienced person on here, but that code, for me at least, is unintelligable. I have no clue what it is attempting to do. One of the things I've learned over the months is that good code is clear and well defined. That is especially helpful when it comes to de bugging. I'm fairly sure that presenting unintelligable code will not do anything to encourage commitment of the very valuable time from the outstanding people that can be found here.

I will also add that protected code is usually protected for a reason. Using a decompiler to hack it is plain wrong. If you rocked up here having decompiled one of my EA's, I would be furious and furious at anyone who tried to help you. And I just do this for fun. Can you imagine how those here who do this for a living would feel about their code being decomplied.

I would strongly urge you to start a fresh. A bit of study and perseverance and this language is not that difficult to pick up... after all, if I can do it...

Click on the Book, read through the code base and ask questions here. The resource is all here, although its free, its value is limitless. All it demands is a little respect.
V

I clear agree with you Viffer, and thats what I am trying to do, learn the language and one of the task that I kept infront of me is to study the codes that are freely available, but this indicator although given freely through some site is property of some other person, I just wanted to learn how to use the data created by the indicator to use it in an EA.
Anyways thanks for the advice, If I come up with something interesting, will surely put up

Ok tell me one thing, is it possible to use arrays in Expert Advisors?

Yes, however, I think for what you are trying to do iCustom is a better way to integrate the indicator. That is described on the 3rd link I gave you. You don't have to reinvent the wheel nor decompile it. You need to know how to structure an EA, how to send orders, and then how to integrate a custom indicator to pass values to your EA upon which it can act. The links I gave you should cover it.

I recommend reading through those articles, going through the example code given and then having a go at it. If you get stuck, then there are people here that you can draw on. I have yet to see a topic that has the community stumped.

Also worth mentioning that contributors here respond better to people who show they have tried to help themselves. It avoids something like this...

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=array+mq4

V
Reason: