How to set up email with yahoo

Could someone help me with this: I put informations about email account like on pict. What I did wrong? I have email account on @yahoo.com
Highly appreciated help from someone with yahoo account.

Port 25 uses SSL which is not supported by the MT4 email client. You can try port 587.

Edit: as CB pointed out, this is inaccurate.
[Deleted]
As you say, MT4 doesn't support SSL authentication in the email implementation. However, Port 25 itself does not necessitate SSL. It is merely the default port for SMTP communication with a Message Transfer Agent.
Can you try slimming down the From: field to just contain the email address. And try putting a different test recipient email address in the To: field - just in case.

CB
[Deleted]

Do you need plus account for yahoo mail to use smtp? I'm not sure, just asking. I use plus account and it works just fine with MT4 email.

plus.smtp.mail.yahoo.com

1005phillip:

Do you need plus account for yahoo mail to use smtp? I'm not sure, just asking. I use plus account and it works just fine with MT4 email.

plus.smtp.mail.yahoo.com

THANK YOU, FOR YOUR HELP !!!

I will set up plus account for yahoo mail, and should be fine.

Elizabeth01234


Just tried it with regular yahoo mail - it doesn't work for either port. I remember in the past it worked for port 587 but not 25, which is why I assumed that 25 requires SSL (sorry for that).
gordon:
Just tried it with regular yahoo mail - it doesn't work for either port. I remember in the past it worked for port 587 but not 25, which is why I assumed that 25 requires SSL (sorry for that).

So what does work?

[Deleted]
An smtp service which may or may not require authentication, but which does not require authentication to be performed over ssl. CB