How to set up email with yahoo

Could someone help me with this: I put informations about email account like on pict. What I did wrong? I have email account on @yahoo.com
Highly appreciated help from someone with yahoo account.

Port 25 uses SSL which is not supported by the MT4 email client. You can try port 587.

Edit: as CB pointed out, this is inaccurate.

As you say, MT4 doesn't support SSL authentication in the email implementation. However, Port 25 itself does not necessitate SSL. It is merely the default port for SMTP communication with a Message Transfer Agent.
Can you try slimming down the From: field to just contain the email address. And try putting a different test recipient email address in the To: field - just in case.

CB

Do you need plus account for yahoo mail to use smtp? I'm not sure, just asking. I use plus account and it works just fine with MT4 email.

plus.smtp.mail.yahoo.com

1005phillip:

Do you need plus account for yahoo mail to use smtp? I'm not sure, just asking. I use plus account and it works just fine with MT4 email.

plus.smtp.mail.yahoo.com

THANK YOU, FOR YOUR HELP !!!

I will set up plus account for yahoo mail, and should be fine.

Elizabeth01234

Just tried it with regular yahoo mail - it doesn't work for either port. I remember in the past it worked for port 587 but not 25, which is why I assumed that 25 requires SSL (sorry for that).

gordon:
Just tried it with regular yahoo mail - it doesn't work for either port. I remember in the past it worked for port 587 but not 25, which is why I assumed that 25 requires SSL (sorry for that).

So what does work?

An smtp service which may or may not require authentication, but which does not require authentication to be performed over ssl. CB
Reason: