sending mail

Hi All,

How can I send mail? I used from options side but couldnt... Is there anybody who can help me about this subject....

1. Tools|Options|Email - then set up smtp server config correctly - just the same as if you were setting up a mail client such as Outlook.

2. In your EA - use the SendMail(string1,string2) function where string1 is the message subject and string2 is the message body.

cloudbreaker:

1. Tools|Options|Email - then set up smtp server config correctly - just the same as if you were setting up a mail client such as Outlook.

2. In your EA - use the SendMail(string1,string2) function where string1 is the message subject and string2 is the message body.

Thanks for your reply.I tried for yahoo as smtp server smtp.mail.yahoo.com:465 but nothing happend.So how can I solve this problem.Or is there any programm?

metin:

Thanks for your reply.I tried for yahoo as smtp server smtp.mail.yahoo.com:465 but nothing happend.So how can I solve this problem.Or is there any programm?

For SMTP access to Yahoo, port 25 is used for clear text and port 465 is used for SSL.

The MetaTrader client does not support SSL for SMTP.

So you'll need to configure an SMTP service that does not require SSL.

cloudbreaker:

[...]

So you'll need to configure an SMTP service that does not require SSL.

Yahoo allows authenticated, non-SSL connections over port 587. That should work for you.

There's also another option, but it's not for the faint-hearted. If you install Microsoft IIS, including its "SMTP Virtual Server", then you can send to port 25 on the local computer, and have IIS act as a mail relay. Needs careful configuration. Its one real advantage is that it implements a much more robust queueing system than MetaTrader does, with much less chance of losing messages because of MetaTrader shutdowns etc.

Reason: