difference between two different edition of metatrader

guys....

i work on two personal computer and in one there metatrader 2.24 and in the other there is metatrader 2.26

same history.......but if i use the same EA, i obtain different results. have u noticed this problem u too ????

giulioron:

guys....

i work on two personal computer and in one there metatrader 2.24 and in the other there is metatrader 2.26

same history.......but if i use the same EA, i obtain different results. have u noticed this problem u too ????

Have u ruled out this reason -> https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/123999 ?

yes i have read.......but the problem is on two different computer.

same period ( for example 01-01-09 / 01-01-10) same EA same history but different results......and completaly different.
how is the right???

Are both Terminals connected while u try this? If so then please follow the instructions in the link I gave u to remain disconnected. Then in both Testers press "Symbol Properties". You would only get the same results in both Testers if the properties are IDENTICAL. If they are not, then that's likely to be your problem and not the different Terminal versions.

yes-----both terminal are connected. i have only to check the properties ( enable server proxy) becasue i am not sure that they are identical. in other trheat i have read that some people do the error to download the history from server. if u download, it compares a screen that advice regarding the difference and the unreability of the datas.

i knew this.... my history is absolutaly correct....becasue i have kept connected the terminal and the datas have been accumulated day for day

anyway...i check the properties....becasue metatrader 2.24 or 2.26 .....it's not possible to see a so big difference

gordon, but if try an EA with optimation,,,,, it's different if u are log on or not??? strange....the datas are in the history

giulioron:

gordon, but if try an EA with optimation,,,,, it's different if u are log on or not??? strange....the datas are in the history

I'll quote myself from that thread I mentioned:

If the Terminal is connected, the Tester always uses the latest Market properties available. Properties change, hence testing results change (for example spread...)

The data might be the same, but market properties affect testing (as they should). If u want consistent results then u r going to have to make sure that market properties and history are identical on all Terminals used.

right!!!!!!!!!!!! u are right. now each computer shows the same results .

grazie

Giulio

Reason: