How to add 'OffLine' charts to make them available?

I still need to find out how to add more 'OffLine Charts' to new installations of MT4. Some of them (mysteriously) add more as time goes on, but I have no idea how. I've looked for and tried to find out how to do this manually, but with no luck so far.

Offline charts are .hst files in the history folder. Everey valid .hst file in this folder will immediately appear as an offline chart.

These .hst files can be created by indicators, scripts or EAs. For example there are renko scripts that produce renko charts, they simply create such an .hst file containing all the bars of a renko chart (a .hst file simply consists of all the OHLCV values along with a timestamp for every bar). The period converter script will also create .hst files for charts with different timeframe which then can be opened as offline charts. Another interesting application is the equity recorder library (here in the codebase) which will allow you to record the equity curve of an EA or the equity curve of your manual trading or that of the whole account into a .hst file in realtime so it can be opened as an offline chart. The offline_charts.mqh file contains all needed functions to read, write and update such .hst files.

7bit:
These .hst files can be created by indicators, scripts or EAs. For example there are renko scripts that produce renko charts, they simply create such an .hst file containing all the bars of a renko chart (a .hst file simply consists of all the OHLCV values along with a timestamp for every bar). The period converter script will also create .hst files for charts with different timeframe which then can be opened as offline charts. Another interesting application is the equity recorder library (here in the codebase) which will allow you to record the equity curve of an EA or the equity curve of your manual trading or that of the whole account into a .hst file in realtime so it can be opened as an offline chart. The offline_charts.mqh file contains all needed functions to read, write and update such .hst files.

Offline charts are .hst files in the history folder. Every valid .hst file in this folder will immediately appear as an offline chart.

It made sense to me that this would and should be the convention, though I was finding it to be inconsistent. This may be confusion on my part with having numerous MT4 clients on the go all at once. I'll check this out and pay closer attention to it . Thanks for the info.

With being a NuBu and thus constantly trying to absorb and understand numerous aspects at once tends to make for being overwhelmed. What can one expect from an old codger of a NuBe like moi? I was just getting the hang of my slide rule, though was still finding the abacus to be useful and am reluctant to give it up completely. I was skeptical at first, but with having only 20 digits to do ciphering and finguring with, so I have to agree that the abacus is great. But now that I am getting the hang of it, I can see that usefulness in such modern new fangled doohickeys. But now I'm being told that they have 'electric' slide rules'! Is this true? Why would one need to make it electric? I don't understand. What about getting shocks from it? Maybe u only get a shock from it when u get it wrong? Old uncle Pavlov always did have some pretty weird ideas.

On top of that, now I'm hearing wild and crazy stuff like talking with anyone anywhere in our hole giant world! I don't think so! There is no way that string that long wouldn't break!. Perhaps a few shorter dedicated strings to Ma at the other end of the street, but I can't imagine how getting all of those strings crossed over and tangled in a big mish-mash could possible work. Talk about 'cross talk' How could anyone make any sense of all of those different languages all mixed up together? Talk about a 'party line'! I may be old and slow, but I'm not a naive old clueless codger that I will just swallow such nonsense! Such ludicrous notions! (< 8)

For example there are renko scripts that produce renko charts,

Renko?

The offline_charts.mqh file contains all needed functions to read, write and update such .hst files.
Duly noted and much appreciated.

I still think you should be daring and go for the 'eighth' bit. Just think how much more you could add! u could b the 'hole bite'! R u afraid of being called 'octal' or ???? Be brave ! You CAN DO IT!!!! I know that it seems overwhelming, but I have a good feeling about you! u can do this!!! Go for it. Just try it out for a while. If it doesn't work, u can always drop back a bit (< 8)
Reason: