Download MetaTrader 5

How to get Profit in Pips?

To add comments, please log in or register
xxxxxxx yyyyy
xxxxxxx yyyyy  
Hi All,

how to get profit in pips?

OrderProfit() just for amount deposit, how do we get the profit in Pips?

i tried to use MathRound(OrderProfit()-OrderSwap())/(OrderLots()*MarketInfo(OrderSymbol(),MODE_TICKVALUE)), but not so accurate!!!!!

PLease help, thanks.
csebastian
csebastian  
dude, the profit in pips is not the difference between the OrderOpenPrice and OrderClosePrice (that's for closed orders; or the current price for opened ones)?
Kenneth Raymond Hubbard
Kenneth Raymond Hubbard  
int start()
{
  int D_Factor = 1;
  double 
      Profit_Pips;
//----
   if(Digits == 3||Digits == 5)D_Factor = 10;
   for(int i=0;i<OrdersTotal();i++){
       if(OrderSelect(i,SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_TRADES)){
            if(OrderType() == OP_BUY) Profit_Pips = (MarketInfo(OrderSymbol(), MODE_BID) - OrderOpenPrice())/Point/D_Factor;
            if(OrderType() == OP_SELL) Profit_Pips = (OrderOpenPrice() - MarketInfo(OrderSymbol(),MODE_ASK))/Point/D_Factor;
            Print("Order No : " + OrderTicket() + " Profit = " + DoubleToStr(Profit_Pips,1));
       }
         else{
         Print("Access to trades failed with error (",GetLastError(),")");
         break;
         }
      }
//----
   return(0);
}
For an open order, use the difference between current price(Bid/Ask) and the OrderOpenPrice.
dabbler
dabbler  
kennyhubbard:
For an open order, use the difference between current price(Bid/Ask) and the OrderOpenPrice.

Kenny, I am assuming this is a Script not an EA. (If it's an EA it will run for ever and fill the logs.)

I notice that you used Point rather than

MarketInfo( OrderSymbol(), MODE_POINT );

which is a bug.

If there are any orders which are not OP_BUY or OP_SELL then you either print an uninitialised variable or the previous value, both of which are unpleasant.

To add comments, please log in or register