backtesting not working on small stop loss

Can anybody help, I have previously been backtesting a scalping strategy (well kind of). Before I had a stop loss of 6 points and it backtested fine. For some reason it has now stopped adding in the stop loss and take profit levels if I have anything less than an eight point stop loss. Anybody got any ideas??
Thanks

greatworth:
Can anybody help, I have previously been backtesting a scalping strategy (well kind of). Before I had a stop loss of 6 points and it backtested fine. For some reason it has now stopped adding in the stop loss and take profit levels if I have anything less than an eight point stop loss. Anybody got any ideas??
Thanks

Your StopLevel has changed (either your broker changed it or you switched brokers...). You can c the limitations for placing an order here -> https://book.mql4.com/appendix/limits.

gordon:

Your StopLevel has changed (either your broker changed it or you switched brokers...). You can c the limitations for placing an order here -> https://book.mql4.com/appendix/limits.

thanks for the reply - but the stop loss isn't being placed now on the backtesting module (which I have set up independent of any broker, by inserting alpari history data in)., so I don't think it is related to the broker (which is alpari UK). Furthermore, I can get it to work fine in the live (i.e. for money) mode. I am wondering if I have changed a setting in the metatrader or placed some stupid code in my EA.
any help much appreciated

greatworth:

thanks for the reply - but the stop loss isn't being placed now on the backtesting module (which I have set up independent of any broker, by inserting alpari history data in)., so I don't think it is related to the broker (which is alpari UK). Furthermore, I can get it to work fine in the live (i.e. for money) mode. I am wondering if I have changed a setting in the metatrader or placed some stupid code in my EA.
any help much appreciated

The Tester always uses the latest market properties of the broker the Terminal is connected to (it's not 'independent'). You can see these when u press 'Symbol properties' in the Tester module. Brokers often have different market properties between Live and Demo accounts, hence u might get different behavior.

gordon:

The Tester always uses the latest market properties of the broker the Terminal is connected to (it's not 'independent'). You can see these when u press 'Symbol properties' in the Tester module. Brokers often have different market properties between Live and Demo accounts, hence u might get different behavior.

Gordon, you are a star, this was exactly the problem. I set up my tester metatrader over the weekend when the spreads were at 51 pips. Hence my stop loss of 40 pips with the stops level of 20 pips was stopping any trade at less than 71 pips. Have relogged onto Alpari, updated so that I now have a spread of 7 pips (although live it is 16!) and the backtesting works a dream. Now to find some decent data since 2009 as Alpari don't give it out any more.....
Many thanks