Changes in TEST Results

I'm testing a EA and every time a run the test, with the same EA, the results change.

I don't understans the situation. It should be a simulation with historics ticks and results should be the same every time.

What is going on?

Thanks

brugiafreddo:

I'm testing a EA and every time a run the test, with the same EA, the results change.

I don't understans the situation. It should be a simulation with historics ticks and results should be the same every time.

What is going on?

Thanks

If the Terminal is connected, the Tester always uses the latest Market properties available. Properties change, hence testing results change (for example spread...) Search the forum and u'll find lots of info on the subject.

I'm not sure.

I would understand what you said if testing have been done in different moments in time (i.e.:during the day).

But I'm testing the same execution differents times in the same minutes with very different results....

Do you have a rational explanation?

Thanks again

brugiafreddo:

I'm not sure.

I would understand what you said if testing have been done in different moments in time (i.e.:during the day).

But I'm testing the same execution differents times in the same minutes with very different results....

Do you have a rational explanation?

Brokers that have variable spread might have spread changes every few seconds... So even 2 identical tests done in the same minute can have different results.

You can try this:

Terminal Menu>Tools>Options>Server Tab>Tick 'Enable Proxy Server'>Press the 'Proxy' Button>Under 'Server' put 1.1.1.1>Press OK, OK>Restart the Terminal.

What this does is set up a bogus proxy server so as Terminal stays disconnected from Server. Now open the Tester and run your tests. If the problem is gone, then your problem was different Market Properties in each test.

p.s. To re-connect to the server, just un-tick 'Enable Proxy Server'...

Reason: