Intermittant Avast virus detection imm32.dll on simulator usage

Can anyone tell what uses object imm32.dll int MT4 simulator. Or am I getting false positives from Avast before I waste a day figuring this out.

I am getting a virus notification every third or forth simulator run

object: imm32.dll
infection Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]
Process: C:\Windows\system32\wuauclt.exe

johnmcglaughlin:
Can anyone tell what uses object imm32.dll int MT4 simulator. Or am I getting false positives from Avast before I waste a day figuring this out.

object: imm32.dll
infection Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]
Process: C:\Windows\system32\wuauclt.exe

That's a windows process... It probably has nothing to do with MT4. I would upload both wuauclt.exe and imm32.dll to http://www.virustotal.com. Also do a full system scan and perhaps also with another anti-virus.

johnmcglaughlin:

When you refer to the MT4 'simulator' are you referring to the strategy tester ?

I use the free Avast currently in XP sp3 and get no such error messages.

I also have a (currently dead) Vista that ran with Avast and got no such virus warning in Vista either

I got no virus warning from Avast in any of the MT4 operations: Terminal, strategy tester nor editor

Both of the MS OS are the 32 bit versions

gordon:

That's a windows process... It probably has nothing to do with MT4. I would upload both wuauclt.exe and imm32.dll to http://www.virustotal.com. Also do a full system scan and perhaps also with another anti-virus.

Sorry, DUH! Strategy Tester, So used to cranking out testing.

This only occurs when I run the Strategy Tester.

I'll have OnlineComputerRepair.com have a looky

If anyone is interested, these guys are phenomenal. If you have multi computer environment as I do, you can have 3 computers maintained for a year for a nominal charge, considering the time you would need to do things yourself. They will do ANY maintenance on your machine that is not Hardware related, e.g reformatting drives for multi partitions setting up OS on SSD and Data on specific partitions.

Anyway, I will see to this.
Reason: