Difference between ECN brooker and regular?

Hi wonder if anyone can tell me the difference between ECN broker and a regular broker?

Or are there more types of brokers with the metatrader platform

You can read this page https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/9950/page19 (incl the links uploaded on the page).
How to Start with Metatrader 5
How to Start with Metatrader 5
  • www.mql5.com
How to Start with Metatrader 5.

newdigital:
You can read this page https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/9950/page19 (incl the links uploaded on the page).
Thanks.!

regular eats from the spread while ecn from comission.

tonny:
regular eats from the spread while ecn from comission.
Simple and accurate.. :) thanks

Is an ECN brooker never ever gonna let u put TP/SL,,, so i have to modify the order.?

Or is there any ECN brooker that will let you put in TP/SL??

olzonpon:

Is an ECN brooker never ever gonna let u put TP/SL,,, so i have to modify the order.?

In regular broker/account - you can place the trade with simultanious tp/sl (in metatrader). if enc so we are doing it by 2 steps: at first - we are openning the trade, and after that only - we can modify this trade for tp/sl.

In Metatrader - we can easy identify enc/stp - or regular account/broker. if we can not place tp/sl duignt the openning the trade - this is enc account.

olzonpon:

You could try using a Pending order at/near current price,  it's an option with some ECN "type" Brokers.
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Trade Constants / Order Properties
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Trade Constants / Order Properties
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Trade Constants / Order Properties - Documentation on MQL5

newdigital:

In regular broker/account - you can place the trade with simultanious tp/sl (in metatrader). if enc so we are doing it by 2 steps: at first - we are openning the trade, and after that only - we can modify this trade for tp/sl.

In Metatrader - we can easy identify enc/stp - or regular account/broker. if we can not place tp/sl duignt the openning the trade - this is enc account.

I think both Regular and ECN provider market execution, not instant. In Instant execution, we can place SL and TP before the trade opens. :)
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Symbol Properties
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Symbol Properties
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Symbol Properties - Documentation on MQL5
Reason: