Download MetaTrader 5

Difference between ECN brooker and regular?

To add comments, please log in or register
QL Capital
QL Capital  

Hi wonder if anyone can tell me the difference between ECN broker and a regular broker?

Or are there more types of brokers with the metatrader platform

Sergey Golubev
Sergey Golubev  
You can read this page https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/9950/page19 (incl the links uploaded on the page).
How to Start with Metatrader 5
How to Start with Metatrader 5
  • www.mql5.com
How to Start with Metatrader 5.
QL Capital
QL Capital  
newdigital:
You can read this page https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/9950/page19 (incl the links uploaded on the page).
Thanks.!
Tonny Obare
Tonny Obare  
regular eats from the spread while ecn from comission.
Bharamappa Gojanur
Bharamappa Gojanur  
tonny:
regular eats from the spread while ecn from comission.
Simple and accurate.. :) thanks
QL Capital
QL Capital  

Is an ECN brooker never ever gonna let u put TP/SL,,, so i have to modify the order.?

Or is there any ECN brooker that will let you put in TP/SL??

Sergey Golubev
Sergey Golubev  
olzonpon:

Is an ECN brooker never ever gonna let u put TP/SL,,, so i have to modify the order.?

In regular broker/account - you can place the trade with simultanious tp/sl (in metatrader). if enc so we are doing it by 2 steps: at first - we are openning the trade, and after that only - we can modify this trade for tp/sl.

In Metatrader - we can easy identify enc/stp - or regular account/broker. if we can not place tp/sl duignt the openning the trade - this is enc account.

Simon Gniadkowski
Simon Gniadkowski  
olzonpon:

You could try using a Pending order at/near current price,  it's an option with some ECN "type" Brokers.
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Trade Constants / Order Properties
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Trade Constants / Order Properties
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Trade Constants / Order Properties - Documentation on MQL5
Mirza Baig
Mirza Baig  
newdigital:

In regular broker/account - you can place the trade with simultanious tp/sl (in metatrader). if enc so we are doing it by 2 steps: at first - we are openning the trade, and after that only - we can modify this trade for tp/sl.

In Metatrader - we can easy identify enc/stp - or regular account/broker. if we can not place tp/sl duignt the openning the trade - this is enc account.

I think both Regular and ECN provider market execution, not instant. In Instant execution, we can place SL and TP before the trade opens. :)
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Symbol Properties
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Symbol Properties
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Symbol Properties - Documentation on MQL5
To add comments, please log in or register