backtesting Ea closes all open trades when done - how to stop this ?

Hi all

when I do a backtest of a Ea it always closes all the open trades when it completes, this gives incorrect results on the report, is there any way to configure the backtest to just leave the open trades open when testing is completed ?

buju:

Hi all

when I do a backtest of a Ea it always closes all the open trades when it completes, this gives incorrect results on the report, is there any way to configure the backtest to just leave the open trades open when testing is completed ?

No.

Why do u think this makes the results incorrect?

gordon:

No.

Why do u think this makes the results incorrect?

example, if i backtest for a certain period, say the first 6 months of the year i would like to see what amount the ea reached and the open trades left over ...

just because i test over a certain period doesn't mean i want to close all the open trades at the end of the testing.

buju:

example, if i backtest for a certain period, say the first 6 months of the year i would like to see what amount the ea reached and the open trades left over ...

just because i test over a certain period doesn't mean i want to close all the open trades at the end of the testing.

That doesn't make the results incorrect. On the contrary, most of the statistics in the report cannot be calculated if the trades aren't closed. They are defined for closed trades only. See here -> What the Numbers in the Expert Testing Report Mean.

Notice that EQUITY remains the same before and after closing all orders (look how the balance and equity curve intersect at the end of the graph). Although some traders put great importance in balance, equity is all that matters (that's IMHO, although there are few who would disagree).

Reason: