How to ask terminal to download chart bar from MQL

When we are on specific Chart if we want to c more history bar usually we just simply press HOME button, metatrader terminal will try to request more data to view.

I have an EA, sometimes EA need more historical bar from the terminal. How to force the metatrader terminal to get the history bar from MQL code? Thanks

cunkiz:

When we are on specific Chart if we want to c more history bar usually we just simply press HOME button, metatrader terminal will try to request more data to view.

I have an EA, sometimes EA need more historical bar from the terminal. How to force the metatrader terminal to get the history bar from MQL code? Thanks

This has been discussed recently -> https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/123755. There seems to be no solution (besides emulating keyboard strokes via a WinAPI call... not very reliable).

Some users reported that attempting to read non-existing bars with series arrays will make the Terminal download the missing bars... This has never worked for me though. I do remember reading an official moderator suggesting that it's not doable via MQL, you can search for it...

thanks for your information gordon.
Reason: