Email and/or SMS notifications from only specific EAs?

Hi,

I'm looking to receive either email and/or SMS notifications from two out of several EAs for MT4 that I'm using. However, neither first nor second EA has an option in Settings of EA to send any notifications. I'm referring to my desire to get notifications from only two EAs and not all that are active inside the terminal. It would be even better if I could get those notifications only if relevant line of log, including two EAs in question, has particular word or word phrase of my own choice. How could I do that? Is there any tool for this? I can't just go to MT4\Settings because there are being enabled/disabled notifications for entire terminal for all the tools, while I'm interested to get notifications for only specific EAs.

In case if that's not possible, then I would have a backup question which would somehow still achieve wanted goal:

Main functionality of both EAs in question is closing positions with respect of some complex algorithm and studies. The reason why I said preferred is that I would receive notifications if particular word or word phrase is used in log file, is because such restriction which notification to send and which not would inform me, when sent, while I'm away from computer (SMS on mobile phone), that some investigation work needs to be done after positions are closed but only those that were closed by two EAs of my choice. How could I do something like that? Is there any tool for this? What worries me is where I would define those notifications. As previously mentioned, if I do that in main MT4's setting then it will be for everything and not just particular EAs. I repeat again, those EAs in question don't have such own (internal) settings to enable/disable notifications.

Thank you in advance.

To receive notifications and/or emails, you need 2 things :

1. Enable the feature on the Terminal settings.
  2. Have the specific code (EA, indicators, etc...) send notifications/emails with MQL functions.

To do the second, you need the source code, the mql file. If you don't have it and the original doesn't include notifications/emails then nothing can be done.

If the needed information are external (log file, data file or whatever), then it's possible to use a tool to analyse that and send the needed notifications/emails. In your case, for the Terminal logs, it's not trivial because there is no way to accept the log file from built-in MQL, you would need WinAPI calls. It's doable though.

Alain Verleyen #:

To receive notifications and/or emails, you need 2 things :

1. Enable the feature on the Terminal settings.
  2. Have the specific code (EA, indicators, etc...) send notifications/emails with MQL functions.

To do the second, you need the source code, the mql file. If you don't have it and the original doesn't include notifications/emails then nothing can be done.

If the needed information are external (log file, data file or whatever), then it's possible to use a tool to analyse that and send the needed notifications/emails. In your case, for the Terminal logs, it's not trivial because there is no way to accept the log file from built-in MQL, you would need WinAPI calls. It's doable though.

Thank you for response. I have mql development code but I don't know anything about programming/development. I just need the tools to alert me on mobile phone and/or email when their main functionality (closure of position[s]) is done. Original version of the tool doesn't include that in settings. Even if it included, I doubt it would be helpful because I would still need to modify something in main MT4 settings which would cause all the alerts (including unwanted) to be sent.

It would be fine if functionality of the sms/email alerting tool I'm asking for, for exact two existing EA tools in question, would be based on logs. This way I could just enter the word phrases from log and it would be sent to me based on syntax (successive order of words) of my choice.

Andrei0 #: Thank you for response. I have mql development code but I don't know anything about programming/development. I just need the tools to alert me on mobile phone and/or email when their main functionality (closure of position[s]) is done. Original version of the tool doesn't include that in settings. Even if it included, I doubt it would be helpful because I would still need to modify something in main MT4 settings which would cause all the alerts (including unwanted) to be sent. It would be fine if functionality of the sms/email alerting tool I'm asking for, for exact two existing EA tools in question, would be based on logs. This way I could just enter the word phrases from log and it would be sent to me based on syntax (successive order of words) of my choice.
  • Usually people who cannot code do not receive free help on this forum, although it could happen if you are lucky. Be patient.
  • If you show your attempts and describe your problem clearly, you will most probably receive an answer from the community.
  • If you do not want to learn to code, that is not a problem. You can either look at the Codebase if something free already exists, or in the Market for paid products (also sometimes free).
  • Finally, you also have the option to hire a programmer in the Freelance section.
Reason: