Folks Beware! - page 2

cloudbreaker:

It's official. I've lost the will to live.

High drama indeed

Second page. Cool.

Lesson: don't pay for EA? don't overpay for EA? learn to program yourself? Learn to live with your loss, especially if you can bring it back with 1 trade?

Create new forum sticky with cons' names?

Why drama here? I mean I like to take out the popcorn and enjoy the show as much as the next guy, but hell, mql4 forums? :))

o/

Oh and I can help you code stuff if your stuff really needs coding (didnt check the code in second post). Would be cool if you actually knew that your strategy worked first.

You shouldn't have to put up money in advance. If you went to have your car fixed a shop wouldn't charge you money in advance unless they needed parts money but a large shop wouldn't even do that. However they don't give you the car unless you pay. You can't just drive off after the work is done because the shop keeps the keys until they pay. So the coder should have said he/she would do the work and cost involved. When the indicator/ea is done they say hey look it's done if you want your project you have to pay x number of dollars and then the indicator is sent. If it is a large amount of money the customer might say well I will pay half to see if it works and the other half if I'm satisfied otherwise no dice. If you still need a coder talk to me and I'll give you some references of people that will work cheaper and by better business standards.

The lesson to learn (for programmers) is to make unmistakably clear from the very beginning on (and double and triple check that the customer has really understood this) that the purpose of the contract is NOT to deliver a profitable EA. It is to deliver an EA that fulfills the specifications, even if they don't define a profitable system, because often this cannot be determined before actually programming it.

EA development is exploratory programming! Exploratory programming is extremely expensive, success CAN NOT be guaranteed, often there will be no success at all. The customer must understand this.

The customer MUST acknowledge beforehand that it is very well possible and perfectly allowable that the end result is an EA that is not profitable, even if the EA perfectly fulfills all specifications, and in this case there is absolutely nothing the programmer must (or most often even can) do about it because it is the customers responsibility to come up with specifications for the trading system and not the programmer's.

And as a side note: In the example screenshot of an email exchange between the customer and the programmer that was posted here in the thread there is one thing that immediately catches the eye: The customer seems to adhere to the abominable "full-quote-bottom-answer-top" quoting style while the programmer is cultivating the orderly structured and clear "relevant-quote-top-answer-bottom" quoting style in his email conversation. Even without reading the actual content of the mails I can conclude from this fact alone who is most likely wrong because his reasoning is dominated by chaotic and emotional right-brain-sided thinking and who is most likely right because he is a cool analytical left-side-brainer.

I came across this thread while googling Bartlomiej/Kalenzo this week. The only reason I did that was because he had offered to do some coding for me.....for FREE!!

I had a problem with my EA opening orders - I posted on a site looking for programmers and he said he would do it for nothing as it was only a few lines of code.

Everyone else was charging $30

He didn't have to do that.

This thread starter if they had been patient and reasonable probably would had what they wanted.

I have never met Bartlomiej/Kalenzo and I am not a sock puppet. He is Polish and I am Australian. Look at our English for proof. If anyone reads this thread and is concerned doing business with Kalenso they can email me at

campbell_congdon@hotmail.com

Cheers

Angof1497: I came across this thread
Do you really expect an answer to a two year old thread. Any why aren't you using the coding services here

Times like this remind me of the fact that half of the world is below average.

hi guys, i just want to interrupt you by saying that this man did an excellent job for me. i have ordered him to make an EA based on my custom indicator and he did exactly the same thing what i wanted. if you guys dont believe me or just thinking, i am writing these lines in favor of him, then i can attach my custom indicator and his EA for you kind attention. see soon...

550 is a very tiny amount to get your name embarrased for xDDD

hi Kalenzo, I've got that EA and working good so far. hopefully I m sending another indicator next week. many thx