Again OrderModify Error 130 and sometimes 1

Hi,

I can't understand, what I am doing wrong!

First I send an order without TP and SL.

After that I use this function:

void Order_modify()
  {
   double spread = Ask-Bid;

for(int i=0;i<=OrdersTotal();i++)
     {
      if(OrderSelect(i,SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_TRADES)==false) break;
      if(OrderSymbol()!=Symbol())  continue;
      if(OrderMagicNumber()!=MagicNumber)  continue;  
        {
         if(OrderStopLoss()!=0)  return;
           {
            if(OrderType()==OP_BUY)
              {
               OrderModify(OrderTicket(),OrderOpenPrice(),OrderOpenPrice()-PointX()*Long_SL-spread,OrderOpenPrice()+PointX()*Long_TP,0,Blue);
              }  
            if(OrderType()==OP_SELL)
              {
               OrderModify(OrderTicket(),OrderOpenPrice(),OrderOpenPrice()+PointX()*Short_SL+spread,OrderOpenPrice()-PointX()*Short_TP,0,Blue);
              }
           }
        }
     }    
   return;          
  }
An when I open my backtest, it works nearly all the time but sometimes it happens like at the following screenshot an I become the OrderModify Error 130! First Screenhot is at H4 (like the EA is working) the second Screenhot is zoomed at M15.

You have to check if the new value of SL and TP are different from the older before OrderModify to avoid error.

Hi,

I want to use the

Order_modify()

function in my post above. It doesn't work when I have many orders open and the order on the first position has changed the SL and TP

because of this line

if(OrderStopLoss()!=0)  return;

so I tought...

but the strange thing is, that I get for every order than the first one an order error 130.

Can anybody tell me how I have to change this function for a multiordersystem??

What is the value of PointX()*Long_SL-spread ? does OrderOpenPrice()-PointX()*Long_SL-spread need to be Normalized ? are you on a 4 or 5 digit broker ? if 5 digit have you taken this into account ?

1. it does NOT need to be normalized, normalize is never needed. What is PointX()*long_SL-spread? It must be larger than MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_STOPLEVEL)*Point (3 pips or 30 points on IBFX)
  2. for(int i=0;i<=OrdersTotal();i++)
         {
          if(OrderSelect(i,SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_TRADES)==false) break;
    i==OrdersTotal will always fail, drop the =. You must count down when closing/deleting or in the presence of multiple orders and other EAs on other charts. Simplify and use positive logic.
        for(pos = OrdersTotal()-1; pos >= 0 ; pos--) if (
            OrderSelect(pos, SELECT_BY_POS)                 // Only my orders w/
        &&  OrderMagicNumber()  == magic.number             // my magic number
        &&  OrderSymbol()       == Symbol() ){              // and my pair.

3. if(OrderStopLoss()!=0)  return;
    make the EA incompatible with multiple orders
Reason: