Which strategy is best to close the position?

Which strategy is best to close profitable positions ?

Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Trade Constants / Order Properties
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Trade Constants / Order Properties
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Trade Constants / Order Properties - Documentation on MQL5

noorad2000:
Which strategy is best to close profitable positions ?

my view : all this  ( type of position, when get a position, take profit, stop loss ,  trilling stop or exit from position )

called strategy.

newdigital:
take profit value :)

Thanks For Replay

Strategies for getting more profit from each trade .

Example :  trailing , break even , Parabolic SAR ,..... 

If you have a strategy so exit should be part of it. Strategy without exit is not a strategy.

What the people are using for exit?

• Parabolic
  • overbough/oversold levels (stochastic, demark and so on)
  • support/resistance level (povit, fibo and so on)
  • opposite signal to enter
  • openning the other trade on same direction with increased lot size (martingale)
  • openning the other trade on same direction with decreased lot size but with increased take provit value (anti-martingale)

I think - closing on overbough/oversold (stochastic etc), support/resistance (povit/fibo) and simple trailing stop are most popular for the people who consider about "let the profit run"

DeMarker (DeM)
DeMarker (DeM)
  • votes: 10
  • MetaQuotes Software Corp.
  • www.mql5.com
The Demarker Indicator (DeM) is based on the comparison of the period maximum with the previous period maximum. When the indicator falls below 30, the bullish price reversal should be expected. When the indicator rises above 70, the bearish price reversal should be expected.

Just look at this page - https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/9773 there are some exit strategies too
Market Condition Evaluation based on standard indicators in Metatrader 5
Market Condition Evaluation based on standard indicators in Metatrader 5
  • www.mql5.com
As a results - some good setups were made which are related to this story and I decided to open separated thread about this kind of technical analysis and evaluation.

newdigital:

If you have a strategy so exit should be part of it. Strategy without exit is not a strategy.

What the people are using for exit?

• Parabolic
  • overbough/oversold levels (stochastic, demark and so on)
  • support/resistance level (povit, fibo and so on)
  • opposite signal to enter
  • openning the other trade on same direction with increased lot size (martingale)
  • openning the other trade on same direction with decreased lot size but with increased take provit value (anti-martingale)

I think - closing on overbough/oversold (stochastic etc), support/resistance (povit/fibo) and simple trailing stop are most popular for the people who consider about "let the profit run"

Thanks A lot :)

Hi noorad2000,

Just look at this video here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/11940/page6#comment_511210 - I will place very short video lessons about exit strategies for whole the day today on that thread.

By the way - good thread you started.
Something Interesting in Forex Video May 2013
Something Interesting in Forex Video May 2013
  • www.mql5.com
Trading and training video (from youtube for example) about forex and financial market in general.

noorad2000:

Thanks For Replay

Strategies for getting more profit from each trade .

Increase your position size . . .

RaptorUK:
Increase your position size . . .
?!/!?

TIMisthebest:
?!/!?

Ignoring the effect of spread . . .   if my position is 0.1 lot  and my profit is X then using a position size of 0.2 lots will give me a profit of 2 * X  

2 * X is more than X  so this achieves the objective of    "getting more profit from each trade ."  no ? 

Reason: