Windows based EA

Is there a windows based (ie. friendly) EA software that I can write EA without learning this terrible language? I can't believe there isn't one.

If there isn't, one of you eggheads need to write one and make a million.

Slick1234:

why dont you make this million yourself ?

i guess that you would be the only customer...

all others know how pc-software works and that higher tasks need a higher language.

if mql4 is too high for you, try LOGO.

i have heard even kids can create nice programs with it.

sadly, kids dont trade forex, therefore forex trading is not implemented in LOGO.

i suggest, you take a look in the mirror, maybe you see an egghead.

if you see one, you will be a millionair in short time....

or you ask the LOGO team to implement forex trading for you.

Slick1234 wrote >>

Is there a windows based (ie. friendly) EA software that I can write EA without learning this terrible language? I can't believe there isn't one.

Mql4 isnt so bad. You should try it.

From your choice of words I'm guessing you're not a programmer.

(By "windows based EA software", I assume you mean "Visual IDE").

If that's the case, please spare us your "review" of MQL4 until you know enough to substantiate your comments.

In the (presumably fairly lengthy) interim, you could try something like http://www.molanis.com/.

I've not tried it yet, so unfortunately I'm not able to shoot my mouth off about it yet.

CB

Slick1234:

[...] this terrible language?.

The language itself is by no means bad. It's closely related to the C family of languages, and therefore it's readily accessible to the large number of people with any background at all in C, Javascript, or a number of other languages.

And the trade management platform - broadly, the set of built-in functions rather than the language itself - also has many advantages over most alternative platforms in terms of ease and speed of development. For example, trade placement is synchronous, which (albeit at a performance cost) removes a large area of complexity. And an s/l or t/p can be placed alongside position entry on an "all or nothing" basis. This removes the need found in most other platforms to have nasty panic-scenario code to handle things like "I've entered a position, but my subsequent stop-loss order has failed. I have a naked position in the market. What do I do?" [Unless you're using an ECN/Boston Bridge-based broker, in which case you do have this problem.]

There are unquestionably a number of flaws in the language/environment - leading, for example, to the same questions being posted to this forum over and over again, such as the cause of error #130 - but it's hard to see a way of making EA development vastly easier without a revolution in the nature in the computer software development in general, not just an incremental improvement in the way of writing code for MT4. I'm sure that things like www.molanis.com are very good, but they're going to come at a price in terms of flexibility.

jjc:I'm sure that things like www.molanis.com are very good, but they're going to come at a price in terms of flexibility.

yes, out there are people who think that they can do some mouseclicks and this is "easy programming"

i laugh about this.

even profession programmers with experience in languages like C are programming bugs and give them to their customers

example 2010 credit card bug

and i am always astonished, how many people think that using an EA or coding an EA or visual clicking an EA together make them rich in some weeks.

i can write good EAs, but before i trust them my money, i wait one year at least and watch the market.

i am a beginner in forex trading programming, but my first EAs are not that bad.

example

but i dont want to trust them my money at this moment...

programming either by words or visual clicking needs the abilty to debug.

and i think that people who want to click programms, arent wanting and able to debug the results.

therefore imho clicking is useless and nothing more than a game

meikel wrote >>

why dont you make this million yourself ?

i guess that you would be the only customer...

all others know how pc-software works and that higher tasks need a higher language.

if mql4 is too high for you, try LOGO.

i have heard even kids can create nice programs with it.

sadly, kids dont trade forex, therefore forex trading is not implemented in LOGO.

i suggest, you take a look in the mirror, maybe you see an egghead.

if you see one, you will be a millionair in short time....

or you ask the LOGO team to implement forex trading for you.

WOW, I didn't think you all would be so sensitive....yes, I would be a customer...I prefer to learn how to trade and use EA based on what I learn on trading, then learn the language. I don't need

to know how a carborator works to drive a car well.

Sorry if I insulted you by saying your language is terrible. I feel like I went to a Treky convention with a shirt saying "KirK Sucks".....sorry again. LOL.

Anyway, thanks for the http://www.molanis.com/. tip. I found another one as well: Etasof.

Slick1234:

I prefer to learn how to trade and use EA based on what I learn on trading, then learn the language. I don't need

to know how a carborator works to drive a car well.

You're welcome.

I think you'll find the first sentence a challenge.

Once you've picked up trading, you will probably quickly want to trade your own strategy, not someone else's.

In that case, you'll need to learn how that carburettor works.

Or pay someone.

CB

Reason: