Terminal's bottom right hand triangles - red/green meaning...?

I am currently reviewing a few brokers and I have noticed that with one of them the upper triangle at the bottom right hand side is green but the lower one is permanently red. This is the first time I encountered this. I asked the broker and the reply was that this is normal. Unfortunately I got the feeling that the answer came from somebody who wasn't sure about himself...

In the past I have had connection problems (at home) that resulted in errors "DataCenter connecting failed [6]" and "unknown command C6" (see: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/118546), that I've solved by moving my trading to a server. The thing is that a red lower triangle was one of the symptoms - that's when these errors occurred and experts stopped functioning... So that's why I'd really like to know exactly what they mean. Does anybody know the actual meaning of the upper/lower triangle and their colors?

BTW - experts running on this broker's demo account have had no problems so far although the lower triangle is permanently green.

Greed and Red mean that you are connected directly to a MT4 Server. Green and Blue mean that you are connected to a MT4 Server Farm via MT4 Data Centre. MT4 Data Centre is just a piece of load balancing infrastructure which arbitrates which backend server your client connects to, based on availability and current load. CB

cloudbreaker:
Greed and Red mean that you are connected directly to a MT4 Server. Green and Blue mean that you are connected to a MT4 Server Farm via MT4 Data Centre. MT4 Data Centre is just a piece of load balancing infrastructure which arbitrates which backend server your client connects to, based on availability and current load. CB

Blue? U mean dark green...? or is my laptop screen that bad (or is yours?), I have never seen blue before. It's always light green on the upper triangle and dark green on the lower. Come to think of it, also on my external LCD it's dark green. Are u sure?

With this particular broker, i get green and red, but there are still 2 servers on the list (the list that pops up when u press the triangles), so what does that mean? If u say it's a kind of load balancing infrastructure, then if one of these servers fall, will it automatically switch to the other one?

Ok green and dark green. Emerald and Teal even :-)

The client will swap to other servers (across different physical sites) in the list based on availability.

If the site the client connects to has a MT4 DataCentre proxy server fronting it, then this will load-share within the MT4 Server farm at that site.

CB

Teal it is. For a minute I thought I was going color blind :)

Should I be worried in any way that a particular broker does not use a Data Centre? Is that a disadvantage? Should I care about it at all?

If the latency is acceptable and consistent and you remain reliably connected then I wouldn't worry. CB

OK. Cheers!

I've always had olive/dark red with IBFX demo. No problems
Reason: