MT5: DEMO account creation is broken!

I get the following error when trying to create a DEMO account on your server.

2009.12.01 10:57:28Networkfailed to connect

However I can ping the server with decent ping times ... less then 50ms. So connectivity is NOT an issue, but DEMO account creation is broken!

Any takers on this one?

You'd likely get a response on the MT5 forum.... Many here think EVERYTHING about MT5 is "broken" ..not just failing to connect.

Problem is that I've posted the same questions there and over there everybody is silent ... there is significantly less traffic there. At least here somebody reads the posts ... over there there seems to be no activity.

saltcafe:

I get the following error when trying to create a DEMO account on your server.

2009.12.01 10:57:28Networkfailed to connect

However I can ping the server with decent ping times ... less then 50ms. So connectivity is NOT an issue, but DEMO account creation is broken!

It could be something with your network setup. disable firewall to test if you can connect. Pings don't always determine the ability to make certain types of connections.

circlesquares wrote >>

It could be something with your network setup. disable firewall to test if you can connect. Pings don't always determine the ability to make certain types of connections.

I'm running this behind the same firewall that MT4 uses and sucessfully connects and makes demo accounts.

I don't think that "ping" in the sense of MT4 or MT5 actually generates ping traffic, as we block that kind of traffic outright. So I'm inclined to think that this is an issue with MT5.

Reason: