Demo vs. Real EA Results

The EA i wrote made 21000+ PIPs, since 10/28/09

My question is: would my EA get the same results in a live account? The EA is trading 23 currency pairs. I had some russians do some analysis, they mentioned that in the demo it is trading sort-of-liquidated pairs, which are not available for trading all the time. Does anyone have the experience with sort-of-liquidated pairs on IBFX? I was testing the EA previously, and in a month and a half it made like 100000+ PIPs, those accounts are still active, but i turned on a high risk EA, and it ate the account. The trading style didn't change.

The latest EA results are on:

The Old EA results: MT4(ibfx)

Login : 2415375

Investor : wk8gmbd (read only password)

C

That sure is a shed-load of pips!

> sort-of-liquidated pairs

Can you clarify?

> would my EA get the same results in a live account?

All depends on the strategy..

Most will differ by some degree, IME expect at least 10% less productive, but the diferrence can be so severe as to turn a winner into a loser on real money..

The worst affected will be indicator heavy EA's that use, e.g. MACD as a central part of the plan & get faked in too often

Least affected will be position or swing trading hedge EA's that dont use razor thin entry or exit points - these may trade almost exactly as demo (swaps may be over-friendly in a demo tho...)

Personally I dont use demo accounts for anything other than the most basic system checks

FWIW

-BB-

BarrowBoy:

C

That sure is a shed-load of pips!

> sort-of-liquidated pairs

Can you clarify?

> would my EA get the same results in a live account?

All depends on the strategy..

Most will differ by some degree, IME expect at least 10% less productive, but the diferrence can be so severe as to turn a winner into a loser on real money..

The worst affected will be indicator heavy EA's that use, e.g. MACD as a central part of the plan & get faked in too often

Least affected will be position or swing trading hedge EA's that dont use razor thin entry or exit points - these may trade almost exactly as demo (swaps may be over-friendly in a demo tho...)

Personally I dont use demo accounts for anything other than the most basic system checks

FWIW

-BB-

>Can you clarif sort-of-liquidated pairs?

You apply the EA to a chart, and when it is time for entry, the symbol can't be sold or bought, since the liquidity isn't there.

My EA is swing trading, and it does not use razor thin entry or exit points.

Reason: