Beta Testing of MetaTrader 5 Has Started! - page 26

Gachette:

hi sorry to doublepost, but really need help, I deinstaled and reinstall and I get the same problem, my metaeditor open but the platform doesen't even make a peek to the cpu.. every other program (incluing mt4 plaform) work really fine... anyone ?? have to plug me ea a.s.a.p. thank you

I have the same problem on one of my XP PCs.

There are no off-line charts in the MT5. Are they gone for good? If yes, many people will be really unhappy unless there is a new way of making custom charts, like Constant Range Bars or Renko.

Michal wrote >>

I have the same problem on one of my XP PCs.

i'm on xp too.. do you have any solutions ? worked fine 6 days ago ??

whe i open the program there is nothing happening, and it never open

New version has problem with balance.

How is it possible to have negative equity and free margin and balance with zero trades open? I believe this is a bug.

MT5 Problem with balance

Objects are drawn on volume bars when Draw object as background property is checked. since charts does not appear is that area, i think that objects should be drawn only as background by default

What's new in MQL5

1. New enumeration ENUM_PROGRAM_TYPE for function MQL5InfoInteger() was added.
  2. The example for the MqlTradeResult structure was added
  3. The Alert() function was added in the section "MQL5 Reference / Common Functions / Alert ".
  4. There are new error codes was added:

The object must be passed by reference

The array must be passed by reference

5. Complemented by a description and added an example for the function HistoryDealGetTicket ()
  6. Added an example for the function HistorySelect ()
  7. Complemented by a description of functions HistorySelect (), HistoryOrderSelect (), HistoryOrderGetTicket (), HistoryDealSelect () and HistoryDealGetTicket () in the section "MQL5 Reference / Trade Functions "
  8. Added function ExpertRemove and an example to her in the "MQL5 Reference / Common Functions "
  9. Added function IndicatorRelease () in the section "MQL5 Reference / Timeseries and Indicators Access "

You can also download MQL5 Reference by the following link: https://www.mql4.com/files/mql5.chm (1.1 Mb)

Problem with Trailing Stop

If I enter a trade, which does not have a stop loss, then right click on the order, select Trailing Stop and then select the amount to trail by, say 100 points, the system does not place a stoploss, or trail, even though the 100 point trailing stop is ticked.

What is the purpose of this is it does not trail?

Additionally, because of the 5 digits being used now, it is useless having options such as 55, 65 or even 100 points - as they are way too close to the price. Surely options such as 250, 500 and 1000 would be more suitable. Therefore can the defaults being offered be changed. Thanks

sharewiz:

Problem with Trailing Stop

If I enter a trade, which does not have a stop loss, then right click on the order, select Trailing Stop and then select the amount to trail by, say 100 points, the system does not place a stoploss, or trail, even though the 100 point trailing stop is ticked.

What is the purpose of this is it does not trail?

Additionally, because of the 5 digits being used now, it is useless having options such as 55, 65 or even 100 points - as they are way too close to the price. Surely options such as 250, 500 and 1000 would be more suitable. Therefore can the defaults being offered be changed. Thanks

Hi Sharewiz,

the behaviour of the trailing stop is exactly the same as in MT4. There are basically two types of trailing stop: the first maintains a fixed distance between price and stop from the beginning of the trade. The second, which is used in both versions of MetaTrader, uses the initial stop set with the trade until the trailing stop can adjust to breakeven. This gives the trade a little more room at the beginning of the trade.

I agree with your point about the default stop options being too tight with a 5 digit broker.

I am just logging a potential bug with MT5Setup.exe file version 1.0.0.2 (downloaded from Gallant FX)
Running on Win Vista Home Premium SP1. 3Gb Ram, 32bit OS

The Issue: The application would not start up - when clicking on the Desktop Shortcut, the program is not activated. (terminal.exe does not show up in running processes)
Right clicking terminal.exe from the program folder and selecting "Run as Administrator..." has the same effect ... the program does not start.

Other notes: The "metaeditor.exe" program starts without issue.

(but clicking the "Activate Trading Terminal" button makes metaeditor hang and then not respond, no suprise as MT5 wont start any way.)

Solution

Next Step >> I downloaded the MT5Setup.exe posted by Lenar on page 1 of this forum and it has installed without issue.
I am now going to explore the new features of MT5 and will post my feedback and bug reports accordingly,

Simple Moving Average 50 is messed up ...

Reason: