@EVERYONE: WHICH CATEGORIES WOULD MAKE SENSE IN THIS FORUM?

Like many other users I would really appreciate it if the Metaquotes staff would implement some features that would rise the quality of this forum. Introducing categories would be a first step.

I want to help a little by asking the forum users, which categories you think, would make sense.

This is just my initial draft, which could serve as a basis for this discussion:

• Announcements and News
    Announcements by Metaquotes staff, Forum policies
  • MetaTrader Terminal
    Discussions concerning MetaTrader Terminal
  • Programming with MetaTrader
    You have a question concerning programming EAs, Indicators, Scripts? You (think you) found a bug in the platform?
  • Commercial trading systems, indicators and programming services
    You're looking for help? You're offering programming services, trading systems, etc.?
  • The couch
    Any other topics

S

> MetaTrader Terminal
This has its own forum already at http://www.metatrader4.com/forum/

You might have a 'sticky' directing people there

But...

This is all academic unless you get the MT management to either:-

1) Commit resources to changing this UI (developed in house by MT)

2) Change to one of the turn-key forum structures

With MT5 the biggest commitment for them, I cant see 1) happening, and 2) seems to be beyond consideration...

FWIW

-BB-

I thought so too. But my hope is that someday the mq-staff will understand, that there exists an urgent need of the users (=customers) to discuss and that it is only useful for them, if there is a basis that satisfies the needs of beginners and more experienced ones as well. Because then, their product will be accepted more easily and in consequence by more people (=customers).

Also I don't understand why so many companies constantly reinvent the wheel and create their own forum software. There is great forum software available for free.

So let's all hope this day of illumination will come, leave that discussion aside and get back to the topic, okay?

There are tonnes of other websites and forums offering all the other categories.

This one is a forum for Programming MQL4 (forum.mql4.com) and that is how it should stay.

1. Trading Strategies
  2. Testing Strategies
  3. Direct Trading (Sentiments etc.)
  4. Administrative (Brokers, etc.)
  5. Announcements

How can i be an active member of the community 

Victor James #:
How can i be an active member of the community 

By reading topics and not posting in 12 year old threads with no meaning whatsoever!

Reason: