MT4 Platform Ignores Many Signals....Why?

Hi,

When backtesting my EA I noticed that my E.A ignores most of buy or sell signals despite all conditions are exactly met.(almost half) I confirmed this on charts visualy after every test.This happens both working on "Open Prices only" and "Every Tick" modes.And sometimes my E.A opens trades for no reason.Is MT4 an unstable platform? Or any other explanation ?Thanks in advance...

ataba wrote >>

Hi,

When backtesting my EA I noticed that my E.A ignores most of buy or sell signals despite all conditions are exactly met.(almost half) I confirmed this on charts visualy after every test.This happens both working on "Open Prices only" and "Every Tick" modes.And sometimes my E.A opens trades for no reason.Is MT4 an unstable platform? Or any other explanation ?Thanks in advance...

errors in you code?

ataba:

Hi,

Hi,

when you 'confirmed visually' with the open price, are you on the same time frame as specified in the tester, and is it the same time frame you are using to get the open price ?

If not search this way.

ataba:

Hi,

99.999% of the time, it is the EA.

It is either the EA being plain wrong, or what the code is doing and what you think it should be doing being two different things. Yes, MQ4 does have its annoying quirks and differences from other languages -- so knowing other languages before starting on MQ4 can be a disadvantage.

Or let's put it this way -- given MT4's wide usage, any problems with the platform would have been found and fixed long before you came along.

ataba:

Thanks for replies.Before I start to test my E.A I check the "visual mode box".So,as you know a chart opens and my E.A starts to operate on this chart.When the test finish I control the same chart my E.A used visualy to control the entry and exit points.So there can't be such a reason.On the other hand half of the entry and exit points are correct.I can't figure out why other points are just ignored by my expert....Any other ideas?

Reason: