Optimization & brackets

Hi Programmers!

I have an EA and I'm working on the optimization. Sometimes, I choose more input parameters which cause big number of optimization variation.

I run the optimization. Then, the tester of the MetaTrader shows the amount of the variation in brackets:

Can somebody explain me what the numbers mean here? Why is the maximal number of the optimization variation in brackets? And what does mean the number before the bracket?

Thank you in advance!

It's interesting there are brackets on one computer and thare aren't brackets on another computer with the same optimization settings.

On the computer when the brackets are shown it's only when I use big number of variation. When the number of the variation is less, there isn't bracket.

Relative:

It's interesting there are brackets on one computer and thare aren't brackets on another computer with the same optimization settings.

On the computer when the brackets are shown it's only when I use big number of variation. When the number of the variation is less, there isn't bracket.

My current optimization reads 123 / 1 280 (7680)

I'm guessing, but I'd believe my 3 parameters have 7680 combinations but since I'm using the genetic option it's only going to do 1280.

Reason: