Is it possible to Online on 3 different Computer with 1 Account ? - page 2

Kent:

CB has given great tips as usual:)

Absolutely. The only bit I'd take issue with is "If your EA is very time sensitive, then choose a hoster who is close to your broker to minimise network latency". Personally I'd say, "If a few extra milliseconds of latency matter to your EA, then MT4 and its brokers are probably the wrong platform". (I've been sceptical about latency before on this forum. In fact, CB himself has previously raised question marks about the importance of latency.)

The "Occam's razor" principle

Yes the host solution all right.

It seems other solutions that are simple and quite effective seem to be forgotten. The provided approach at beggining, the "time window" principle for replicating the EA in several computers, is simple to implement and immediate. I've done it already, and works very well.

And you don't have to find a host that is reliable, pay for the service, and even worrying whether it is near the broker's servers for the latency issues. Not just these, but you risk the EA being stolen. Even if I had an EA in a host, then fearing that it would crash for some reason, I would still replicate its work in a local PC.

After all, replication is a principle heavily used in Information Systems to handle critical data/services, such as in banks.

Still, I'm not trying to pull down the valuable services provided by hosting companies. They are useful.

jjc:

Absolutely. The only bit I'd take issue with is "If your EA is very time sensitive, then choose a hoster who is close to your broker to minimise network latency". Personally I'd say, "If a few extra milliseconds of latency matter to your EA, then MT4 and its brokers are probably the wrong platform". (I've been sceptical about latency before on this forum. In fact, CB himself has previously raised question marks about the importance of latency.)

Totally agree. Strategies that depend upon latency to any degree are not my thing.

But hey - I'm just trying to evolve to be a more open-minded individual who understands that it takes all types.

CB

cloudbreaker wrote >>

There are many companies who offer a hosting service.

Depending upon the company, you can get pretty much anything hosted (unless it runs on VMS, PrimeOS, NonStop etc although even those you'd probably find somewhere) - Win32 apps are hosters' bread and butter

What normally happens is that you tell them:

- what OS version you need, and any specific hardening config etc.

- what memory and disk footprint you will use

- network bandwidth requirements

- backup requirements

- availability/failover requirements

- etc - basically what we call "NFRs" or "Non Functional Requirements"

They will then provide you with that service for an agreed monthly cost.

You will remotely manage your platform using something like Remote Desktop, Citrix Metaframe, PC Anywhere, VNC, GoToMyPC, LogMeIn etc.

I'm not going to give you any suggestions to the actual companies to use as these vary from country to country.

But 2 bits of advice I would offer are:

- If your EA is very time sensitive, then choose a hoster who is close to your broker to minimise network latency

- Use a generic hoster rather than a broker-based hosting service - MT4 instances are easy to install and manage and you don't want to have any "interested parties" decompile your ex4 if they notice it to be successful

CB

Many thanks for the info CB, You are GREAT

Thank you.

abstract_mind wrote >>

The "Occam's razor" principle

Yes the host solution all right.

It seems other solutions that are simple and quite effective seem to be forgotten. The provided approach at beggining, the "time window" principle for replicating the EA in several computers, is simple to implement and immediate. I've done it already, and works very well.

And you don't have to find a host that is reliable, pay for the service, and even worrying whether it is near the broker's servers for the latency issues. Not just these, but you risk the EA being stolen. Even if I had an EA in a host, then fearing that it would crash for some reason, I would still replicate its work in a local PC.

After all, replication is a principle heavily used in Information Systems to handle critical data/services, such as in banks.

Still, I'm not trying to pull down the valuable services provided by hosting companies. They are useful.

The "seconds()" code is works, Many thanks, i think i am gonna cry.

Thank you very much abstract_mind.

kieruwin wrote >>

The "seconds()" code is works, Many thanks, i think i am gonna cry.

Thank you very much abstract_mind.

The feeling of helping someone is, most of the time, a more valuable reward than receiving money.

Reason: