MQL5 language reference - page 3

irusoh1:

why do I get:

Navigation to the webpage was canceled

when I try to open chm file?

Perhaps this might help.

this is the most ridiculous thing:

появилось одно ограничение – нельзя использовать функции по работе с графическими объектами в пользовательских индикаторах.

for those who don't understand Russian.

there is a new limitation using objects - they CANNOT be used in custom indicators.

I use a lot objects in custom indicators and if they can not be used I don't want MQL5 at all.

Somebody tell me where else we can use these functions in any coherent way.

I DON'T UNDERSTAND THIS LIMITATION AT ALL.

irusoh1:

this is the most ridiculous thing:

появилось одно ограничение – нельзя использовать функции по работе с графическими объектами в пользовательских индикаторах.

for those who don't understand Russian.

there is a new limitation using objects - they CANNOT be used in custom indicators.

I use a lot objects in custom indicators and if they can not be used I don't want MQL5 at all.

Somebody tell me where else we can use these functions in any coherent way.

I DON'T UNDERSTAND THIS LIMITATION AT ALL.

Yes, with graphics objects, but the shift lack left me speachless...

But there is a way to go around: write the same indicator on MT4 for simply charting...

...and place additional data in an extra buffer of the MT5 version to be read by MT5 EAs (or embed the indicator in the EA code)

How many EAs I can attach now to a single chart. In MQ4 just one. So does it mean I have to cram everything in one giant EA. That sucks.

What is a 'shift'.

The shift parameter that every indicator has (at least in mql4) -> the one pointing at which bar it refers at.

Gee, this all sounds like a klūster-fūch...

anybody translate the entire help file?

I see important things to be intentionally skipped from documentation - not even a single example line for instance to find out a moving average for a bar in the past...
Reason: