Have you ever used the MQL5 Wizard ? - page 3

Wizard is good for simple strategies. For complex ones, its best to hand code.

tonny:
Wizard is good for simple strategies. For complex ones, its best to hand code.
I like to program my own projects. I don't want to use things I do not fully understand.

Candles:
I like to program my own projects. I don't want to use things I do not fully understand.

I also prefer coding by hand. Ive never bothered to optimise wizard generated eas because i always have a feeling something might not be exactly as i want somewhere. But its good if you dont have any particular system in your head so you can just trust and work with what is output.

tonny:

I also prefer coding by hand. Ive never bothered to optimise wizard generated eas because i always have a feeling something might not be exactly as i want somewhere. But its good if you dont have any particular system in your head so you can just trust and work with what is output.
Yes, those are my thoughts exactly. I am rather obsessive when it comes to this kind of stuff :)

What is a simple or a complex strategy?

isn't important a good profitable EA with a reasonable risk?

Anyway with wizard is possible to create thousands of profitable EAs. 

In my opinion a simple ea is one that opens trades with stops and lets them run. Once things like trailing, virtual stops, time filter and the like come in then its most likely not simple but then again thats my opinion.

I believe that with the wizard, we can create a good EAs.
For example, with the MQL5 Wizard created EA, which is today - top one in the MetaTrader 5 Signals.

I don't like to use easy-to-use tools, I enjoy research and design the code from the very beginning. it is just not fun with the wizard
Reason: