why live trades sometimes can not be replicated in tester?

To add comments, please log in or register
yuri
yuri  

Hi,

My live account traded with expert advisor at 10.53 couple days ago. I tried to replicate that trade in tester, but with no luck. Tested didn't show any trades that day.

I started tester with if (Minutes() < 52) return (-1);

Is there something I'm missing? Can please somebody explain to me what's going on? I'm using Hourly timeframe.

Thanks,

Yuri

Brian Dee - Random Trader
Brian Dee - Random Trader  

> Is there something I'm missing?

You cant rely on backtesting being 1:1 with live, because OTTOMH

1) Spread - look in Symbol Properties button of tester to show spread used for the test, compare to 'live' spread at time of trade

2) Test data, even 90% 'modelling quality', is synthesized (i.e. approximated) and is not <the actual> tick sequence of the live situation

It is just as often that a trade shows in a backtest but didnt happen live

Spread variations will even upset indicator based as well as price-action triggered EA's, especially on STP/ECN brokers

See CloudBreakers telling comment on the.. limited correlation between modelling and quality :)

FWIW

-BB-

yuri
yuri  

I appriciate your comments... I will take a look at CloudBreakers's comments as well.

It still looks like testing results are way of real time ones. I did some comparison couple month ago between the two and the results were almost identical. It is just odd...

To add comments, please log in or register