Can mobile MT4 run on desktop?

I know it sounds like a stupid question but my thinking is that if the mobile MT4 does the same job and works on a desktop then it must use less resources and that opens up other possibilities like running many copies on different brokers or using older computers with less ram. Does anybody have any thoughts about this?

R

I used to develop apps for mobiles as well as *.*

We used emulator shells for the programs so we could test them on the PC after coding

See here for the current availablity http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=smartphone+emulator+xp&meta=&aq=f&oq=

I havent use mobile MT myself, OTTOMH I dont think it runs EA's?

Certainly some users report indis dont give same lines

IMHO, I think the saving on resources would be about zero, as you will need an emulator environment for each instance of MT, never mind the different issues in daily running...

As on a previous thread, you can do much by coding efficiently, opening minimal charts and indis on a production environment, etc, etc

FWIW

-BB-

Hi BB

Thanks for the links I shall take a look. If the truth is known I agree with you I was just looking for a use of my old 50 MHz PC.:) However I am looking to get away from Windows because I am fed up with the updates making my computer slower and slower along with the resets when they feel like it. MT4 on linux looks pretty good at the moment and Linux SUSE 11 has never crashed on me yet. I eventually want mobile capabilities but don't want it on a Microsplosh system and Linux works nicely on my 50MHz unit so I thought mobile on desktop and mobile under Linux to keep the status quo. If the mobile MT4 dosen't run EAs then that put the kybosh on the idea. Still the idea of running MT4 in just 5 MB seemed pretty efficient to me and I am interested in the mobile aspect.

Reason: