Back Test ALWAYS FAILS on FapTurbo v47 b225 EA from REJECTING all RESULTS as INSIGNIFICANT

Hi,

The subject listing pretty well sums it up. I’m new to ForEx and am using this commercial EA (FapTurbo v47 b225) on the MT4 platform while I am learning. With the default settings I was losing money. I’ve managed to tweak it so that it is slowly but surely gaining a little now but obviously the strategy tester would be a great help. However regardless of what settings or DataBase I use I have not been able to get it to make any successful runs as it always rejects all the results as being insignificant. I’ve tried some other of the public code, such as the ‘MACD Sample’ that comes with the client and it works just fine with it. I’m starting to think that it has some code in it that is sabotaging it on purpose.

Thanks in advance for any and all assistance with this problem.

Additional info on ‘insignificant’ results always being rejected with FapTurbo:

I’ve tried this on a couple of different builds of FapTurbo but always have the same problem.

Though in my initial listing it was implied that I am utilizing the ‘optimization’ setting in the strategy tester, I just wanted to clarify that I am.

Thanks again.

ForExDRH wrote >>

Additional info on ‘insignificant’ results always being rejected with FapTurbo:

I’ve tried this on a couple of different builds of FapTurbo but always have the same problem.

Though in my initial listing it was implied that I am utilizing the ‘optimization’ setting in the strategy tester, I just wanted to clarify that I am.

Thanks again.

You need to uncheck the optimization tab before running the backtest. The optimization tab being checked implies you are attempting to run an optimization, not a backtest. Also make sure you download some tighter history (1m data) by going to tools, clicking history center, and downloading 1m data for your currency pair of choice. Then run the BT with the optimization tab UNCHECKED.

FXP

FXpipclash wrote >>

You need to uncheck the optimization tab before running the backtest. The optimization tab being checked implies you are attempting to run an optimization, not a backtest. Also make sure you download some tighter history (1m data) by going to tools, clicking history center, and downloading 1m data for your currency pair of choice. Then run the BT with the optimization tab UNCHECKED.

FXP

Hi FXP,

I am trying to optimize it. However I have run it both with data sets from MetaQuotes and the broker I am using: FxPro.Com. Likewise I have tried it both with the optimization checked and unchecked with both Data sets. I’m new to the ForEx but been around computers for quite a while.

Just to be sure that I am not doing something other than what you are saying: I am referring to the ‘Strategy Tester’ built into the MT4 client and accessing it from the open trade/position that the FapTurbo v47 b225 EA is currently running in that I want to optimize/BT.

FYI: FapTurbo trades 5 currency pairs, but only has one ‘settings’ file for all of them; though they can, and I do save each currency pair settings individually so that I can track my tuning of this EA more clearly. All of these same settings come up when I’m selecting the ‘Expert Properties’ that I want to optimize or BT. I am only selecting variables to test/optimize in one currency pair. I started off trying to optimize a couple of settings in one pair, but have tried, and am currently running only one setting in the currency pair: Euro – USD, M1. I have done this before with the same lack of results. FapTurbo runs this currency pair on a ‘long term’ strategy. The other four are all ‘Scalping’ with a period of M15. I've tried to optimize/back test some of the scalping pairs, again selecting only variables for one currency pair. I haven’t crunched all the numbers, but the Euro – USD M1 EA is more active and makes, and of course can lose, more money than the other four combined. The amount on the scalper pairs for the most part are VERY low.

FapTurbo’s tech support is kinda lame. I think it is likely they are currently overwhelmed by their own success. When they do respond, it’s just as likely to be a ‘sales promotion’ reply rather than addressing my issues. Regardless, I’m going to submit this to FapTurbo tech support as I’ve been trying to get it to work with no success for weeks now. Nothing ventured….

If you have any other ideas please don’t hesitate to send them my way though.

Thanks for the suggestions regardless.

Betting Modeling as Means of Developing "Market Intuition"

Thanks for the link, I'll check it out.

We cannot support commercial EA's here please go to one of the forums where they do this stuff

Potential owners should know that this works on some brokers but not others

Main issues are needing consistently low spread, the need for sticking to conservative settings and not too smooth a data feed

And no, we will not be discussing which brokers or which settings on this forum!

See relevant topics at

http://www.trade2win.com

http://www.facebook.com

http://www.forexautopilotforum.com

etc, etc

-BB-

BarrowBoy wrote >>

We cannot support commercial EA's here please go to one of the forums where they do this stuff

Potential owners should know that this works on some brokers but not others

Main issues are needing consistently low spread, the need for sticking to conservative settings and not too smooth a data feed

And no, we will not be discussing which brokers or which settings on this forum!

See relevant topics at

http://www.trade2win.com

http://www.facebook.com

http://www.forexautopilotforum.com

etc, etc

-BB-

Hi Barrow Boy,

I was directed here from the help menu in the MT4 client and the site is labeled as ‘Automated Trading’ so it seemed like I was in the right place for such things. I was unaware that this site is strictly for individual programmers or ??? Will you please inform me of what aspects and orientations for discussions of the ForEx are acceptable here? I take it you are a SysOp here? Not a challenge, just a question. I’ll heed the information as you seem quite sincere in it being legitimate for this site. These are serious questions, not facetious or antagonistic responses.

Thanks for the tips and URLs. I did check out a few brokers initially, primarily in the US, and tried some practice accounts; but found that as you indicate it is important to find outlets where the spreads are low. I’ll look elsewhere and try some and see if the EA Back Tester works on them thanks. Though reading back through this query, as I said, some of the public algorithms and codes work just fine in the Opt/BT so I’m not sure that is the problem. I guess I’ll soon find out.

I figured out pretty quickly that despite hype and initial appearances otherwise that (for most people) in ForEx that in order to be successful at it, the long term outlook and strategy is more realistic and hence will be more successful than the ‘get rich quick’ one. Thus I am staying on the conservative side as you suggest.

I’m surprised about as to why ‘not too smooth a data feed’ though? It seems counter intuitive. Can you give me more info and reasons for this?

Why the ‘settings’ restrictions? I would think that if there are those out there that have this figured out and are successful at this and willing to share it I know I, and many others as well I would imagine, would most definitely be interested in them; especially as beginner to this. After all, in trying to find optimal and algorithms and code, aren’t these successful ‘settings’ that we are all searching and seeking and trying to learn and understand and sharing. I can think of reasons for this, but I am interested in knowing this, as well as needing to know what else is and is not appropriate for this site.

http://fapturbo.com/forum/

http://www.forexautopilotforum.com/

http://www.puruze.com/blog/fapturbo/fap-turbo-settings/

Assuming you are licensed FapT owner, the best place is the official product forum at link.1 - am surprised that you are not using the official forum - it is very big.

The link.2 is active forum of fapT users - is not official, BB has mentioned already and is very good - last time I was there, 1st qtr 2009.

Link.3 can help - is not official.

By using google, you will find many, many more. This forum as BB has said is not where you will find FapT help.

This site has a Rule and that is NO Broker talking.

Thank you.

Hey BB & FBJ,

You have clarified for me that this site is for MQL4 which is PROGRAMING for the MT4 platform. I appreciate it and have duly noted it and will do my best to honor that.

While I am certainly not anywhere near the point that I am ready to try my hand at my own programming yet; I have noted that there many are interesting, informative and thoughtful postings on ideas, knowledge, methods, approaches, algorithms, etc, etc that as such are very useful and beneficial to me as I’m sure they are too many others. Even for new comers like me.

I have found out a fundamental pitfall/error that I was making that has been undermining my success and will make a short note of it here in a new topic for other (beginners like me) so that perhaps they won’t fall prey to it as I was. I don’t think it will be inappropriate as it concerns AE constructions and application of them.

Thanks for the URLs as well. I’ll utilize them.

Prosperous trading

Reason: