MT4 Optimization in Strategy Tester of EA always and only discards all results as being in significant and returns no results at all.

Hi,

I’m a ‘NewtBee’ to ForEx and am using the MetaTrader4 platform on FxPro.Com

MT4 Optimization in the Strategy Tester of an EA I am using and trying to optimize, it always and only discards all results as being insignificant and returns no results at all. The only thing it shows is journal entries. It also rejects all cache records. I spend day(s) crunching numbers and it ALWAYS comes back blank. Nothing at all in the Results or Graph tabs )< 8) I can’t make any value changes in the ‘Symbol Properties’ category

à I’m wondering about the optimization choices in the ‘Expert Properties’ category:

- in the first tab: ‘Testing’ – I have ‘Profit Factor’ selected for optimization and the ‘Genetic Algorithm’ check box selected.

- In the ‘Inputs’ tab, I currently only have the ‘Trailing Stop Loss’ selected to optimize.

- In the ‘Optimization’ tab I tried it with both the ‘Limitations’ completely blank (all boxes clear and unchecked) and also with the ‘Profit Maximum’ selected and have the value set to 1,000 in this case (I’m assuming that this parameter is in pips and not a currency). I get the same (lack of) results regardless in both cases.

The ‘Period’ is set to M1 (one minute) which is the correct setting for this EA ‘long term’ strategy of the Euro/USD pair.

I am on FxPro.Com, which has 5 decimal points for most of the trading pairs.

The ‘Model’ is set to ‘Every Tick’

In the ‘Symbol Properties’ category I am unable to modify any of the values in it.

I have tried it using both the data from FxPro.Com and also with downloaded data with the ‘History Center’.

Thanks in advance to any and all insight or help that anyone has with this problem for me.

Regards,

DougRH

Reason: