Password protection to EA - page 2

shwetha:
hi mohammed

i require password protection, in case i want to load my EA with the broker's server. not that i dont want to share with the forum. i hope now it is clear.

bye

thanks

shwetha

hi shwetha,

Yes, it's clear now. But, Why should you upload the EA to the broker's server?

it is working

hey mohammed

now i compiled it again with the code u have given above and it is compiled without any errors or warning.

but it is not asking for the password anywhere.

still i can open the file in the metaeditor without the password.

my intention is to see that one should have access to the mql file with the password only.

i am waiting for ur reply

bye

shwetha

hi

Mohammed:
hi shwetha, Yes, it's clear now. But, Why should you upload the EA to the broker's server?

i want to upload the EA to the brokers server so that i need not depend on my computer and internet to trade and my computer need not run 24 hrs and incase there is some power failure or something my trading wont be affected. that facility is available with the fxcm people but they want the code to be in easy language.

i hope it is clear now.

bye

shwetha

shwetha:
hey mohammed

now i compiled it again with the code u have given above and it is compiled without any errors or warning.

but it is not asking for the password anywhere.

still i can open the file in the metaeditor without the password.

my intention is to see that one should have access to the mql file with the password only.

i am waiting for ur reply

bye

shwetha

Hi shwetha,

1- The program will not work before Monday when the market open, because it triggers from int start()which triggered when new quotation arrive.

2- Sure, you opened the .mq4 in MetaEditor because I sent you the source file of the EA.

When you compile your EA you will not send the .mq4 to the user. But you will send the .ex4 (the compiled version).

3- if your intention is to see that one should have access to the mql file with the password only, This is impossible , you will not give the mq4 file to anyone. Well, I'm confussed now

sorry for the confusion

hi mohammed

sorry for the confusion, i do not have much programming knowledge or how it works. u mean to say that it is enough if i give the .ex4 file to the broker to load it in their server and to trade and they cannot open the .ex4 file is that right.

bye

shwetha

shwetha:
hi mohammed

sorry for the confusion, i do not have much programming knowledge or how it works. u mean to say that it is enough if i give the .ex4 file to the broker to load it in their server and to trade and they cannot open the .ex4 file is that right.

bye

shwetha

Hi shwetha,

Yes, the .ex4 can notbe opened in metaeditor by the broker (or anyone).

But, it can be copied from user to user and can be used for free (is that what you want?).

copying allowed

hi mohammed

i want to see that only authorised people who have a password should be able to copy the file and use it. how to go about that.

shwetha:
hi mohammed i want to see that only authorised people who have a password should be able to copy the file and use it. how to go about that.

shwetha,

In this case you can use the code I sent to you. Wait to Monday and test it.

Interesting, but I'm confused also. I didn't know that brokers offers their servers to users, so they can run EA's on brokers server. I always thought that I have to run EA on my computer- which is, of course, more vulnerable to various disturbances, like power cuts, internet connection failures, hardware problems, lightning etc.

May I ask, which brokers offers such services?

beerhunter:
Interesting, but I'm confused also. I didn't know that brokers offers their servers to users, so they can run EA's on brokers server. I always thought that I have to run EA on my computer- which is, of course, more vulnerable to various disturbances, like power cuts, internet connection failures, hardware problems, lightning etc. May I ask, which brokers offers such services?

The same question hitting my mind too!

Reason: