average winning trade 0.0070 0.0075
average losing trade -0.0038 -0.0043
max $ win 0.0294 0.0341
max $ losing -0.0077 -0.0128
total $ winning trades 0.2530 0.2089 0
total $ losing trades -0.1665 -0.1759 0
average $ per trade 0.0008
nett P/L 0.0865 0.0330 0.1195

The depicted backtest (excel) is for eur/usd- 1_hr timeframe, period 1 march -30 june 2009, total gain 1195 pips. No moneymanagement.

The strategy is very simple and uses 1 indicator. I want to get in touch with a skilled programmer who wants to program this in an ea. It should not take longer than 1 hour to create the ea.

Please respond to this emailadres: niessenmaurice@hotmail.com

Thanks, Maurice

Maurice2trade - I thought you were trying to learn! That's why I gave you some help.

An hour eh? A skilled programmer may do a lot more than a newbie might imagine in order to create an EA that is flexible, modular, robust and well unit-tested and documented.

In any case, I make a point of never doing any work for someone who thinks they can size my work for me.

CB.

CB,

You sound offended!?

I am trying to learn - but expect this to be a long proces. Not necessary to keep a money making strategy on the shelf during this proces now is it?

At any rate, did appreciate your input on earlier post - and was not looking for anyone to work for me on my clock, but to team up with someone to profit both from a

profitable system, and wanted to give him an estimate. Did team up an hour ago. Seem to be in ballpark with my estimate.

regards, Maurice

maurice2trade:

CB,

You sound offended!?

I am trying to learn - but expect this to be a long proces. Not necessary to keep a money making strategy on the shelf during this proces now is it?

At any rate, did appreciate your input on earlier post - and was not looking for anyone to work for me on my clock, but to team up with someone to profit both from a

profitable system, and wanted to give him an estimate. Did team up an hour ago. Seem to be in ballpark with my estimate.

regards, Maurice

Not offended. I'm just disappointed that you didn't choose to code it yourself. I really love to see folks on this forum become self sufficient. It really pisses me off to see people (and I don't mean you) arrive on here with neither strategy nor programming ability stating "I need someone to give me a profitable EA".

On the issue of estimating, having spent many years watching projects being underestimated and incorrectly specified, I prefer to see the sponsor define a tight set of functional requirements and non-functional requirements and leave it with the developer to produce an estimate based upon that information. After all, we don't invite a plumber to do some repair work and then tell him how long it will take him.

CB.

Point taken.

I am in fact testing a lot of strategies - hope when the next one has been backtested old school in excel, i can contact you and hopefully we can do project together. - meaning i'll try to buid it, and you help?

regards, Maurice

maurice2trade:

Point taken.

I am in fact testing a lot of strategies - hope when the next one has been backtested old school in excel, i can contact you and hopefully we can do project together. - meaning i'll try to buid it, and you help?

regards, Maurice

Not a problem.

And a very sensible approach to use Excel as a test bed.

CB

Thanks everyone very much for all the replies, but i am working now with one of you on this project, so i will not be needing anymore help right now.

Thanks again!

Maurice

Reason: