There are "ea"s and there are "EA"s. - page 2

MarkI, in response to your question, I think most of the experienced programmers on here avoid developing other folks' strategies as its so frustratingly hard to get people to tie down a complete set of functional and non-functional requirements.

I, for one, try to give as much help as I can to people who want to learn through the forum, but avoid taking on contracts.

I think most of the partnering-up that happens on the forum is between people with a loosely defined strategy and student-programmers who will produce a rough mock-up for some beer money. I'm not sure how many either meet the requirements or go on to become successful. One would hope that at least some good partnerships get created through the forum, going on to flourish and produce results.

CB

cloudbreaker:

Backtesting need not be slowed down by "Belgian Whistles". One of my huge EAs has a TEST mode which disables all the collateral functionality and it tests very quickly.

I'm the last to demonize newbies. As long as someone arrives here with a willingness to learn, I'm one of the first to help. Check my posts.

Apart from that, I don't disagree with any of your response.

There will be folk who will believe that all EAs are quick and easy. If anything - I hope this thread will highlight to those folk the key differences in cost, effort and functionality between a quick and dirty mockup and a solution that can be used in the wild with large amounts of other people's money.

CB

Hi CB, Thanks for your honest assessment here. I do see you are very active in this forum helping newbies in learning MQL4. I believe many newbies will benefit from your profound programming skills. And I agree with you that most professional coders don't bother to code for others. It just really get my nerves every time to see few self proclaimed "coders" teasing and mocking others who post a request for an "ea" done with few dollars. No one is pointing a gun on their gun to force them to write "ea" for that money... You know what I mean.

Cheers. MIGMOF

Reason: