info window

When testing in visualization mode I want to be able to see some of my calculations as I scroll through the charts.  I know if I were to create an indicator that I could get the data to display in the data window, but I am not certain if that is the best approach.  I was thinking of something like a tooltip pop up window that shows up when you hover your mouse pointer over an object.  Is that possible in MQL5 or does anybody have an easier method?

jshumaker:
When testing in visualization mode I want to be able to see some of my calculations as I scroll through the charts.  I know if I were to create an indicator that I could get the data to display in the data window, but I am not certain if that is the best approach.  I was thinking of something like a tooltip pop up window that shows up when you hover your mouse pointer over an object.  Is that possible in MQL5 or does anybody have an easier method?
Why not use Comment(), simpler not ?
Documentation on MQL5: Common Functions / Comment
Documentation on MQL5: Common Functions / Comment
  • www.mql5.com
Common Functions / Comment - Documentation on MQL5

angevoyageur:
Why not use Comment(), simpler not ?

thx, comment works much better

is there a way to move or format the comments?  it is a bit difficult to read when it overlaps with the charts.

jshumaker:

thx, comment works much better

is there a way to move or format the comments?  it is a bit difficult to read when it overlaps with the charts.

No, I don't think so, it's the weakness of Comment(). If you want to format (fonts, color...) then you can use an object of type OBJ_LABEL, but there are others advantages / disadvantages.

angevoyageur:
No, I don't think so, it's the weakness of Comment(). If you want to format (fonts, color...) then you can use an object of type OBJ_LABEL, but there are others advantages / disadvantages.
is there a way to provide suggestions?  if they could at least provide the ability to adjust font size, that would help a lot
Reason: