incomplete logfile

Hello MetaTrader guys,

i like MetaTrader as it is easy to use and powerful as well but sometime you face something not really perfect.

the logfile simply gives not a complete overview over what was happened:

- expiration of order not logged

- if a pending order was filled, nothing about in logfile. this is not the sense of logging to hide essential information, gentlemen

- if an sl or tp order was filled, nothing about in logfile. this is not the sense of logging to hide essential information, gentlemen

coould you please FIX this ?

thank you

H

> expiration of order not logged
> if a pending order was filled, nothing about in logfile. this is not the sense of logging to hide essential information, gentlemen

> if an sl or tp order was filled, nothing about in logfile. this is not the sense of logging to hide essential information, gentlemen

All found in OrderHistory

-BB-

BarrowBoy:

H

> expiration of order not logged
> if a pending order was filled, nothing about in logfile. this is not the sense of logging to hide essential information, gentlemen

> if an sl or tp order was filled, nothing about in logfile. this is not the sense of logging to hide essential information, gentlemen

All found in OrderHistory

-BB-

yes maybe,

but not in logfile (did you ever opened order history with text-editior ?)

hurgax:

yes maybe,

but not in logfile (did you ever opened order history with text-editior ?)

let me explain better:

the sense of a logfile is to trace all important actions chronological in order to reproduce these actions in the event of some malfunction or any other issue.

this point is obviously not fullfilled by the metatrader logfile as some important actions, like mentioned filled order events, are not logged.

hurgax:

let me explain better:

the sense of a logfile is to trace all important actions chronological in order to reproduce these actions in the event of some malfunction or any other issue.

this point is obviously not fullfilled by the metatrader logfile as some important actions, like mentioned filled order events, are not logged.

I wouldn't expect routine server-side events to be reported in a client-side logfile.

Given that we can access the Order History either programmatically or by using the GUI interface, I've never had the need to use a text editor.

cloudbreaker:

I wouldn't expect routine server-side events to be reported in a client-side logfile.

Given that we can access the Order History either programmatically or by using the GUI interface, I've never had the need to use a text editor.

hello,

server side event: what is the difference between an order placement confirmation event (reported in logfile) and a filled order event (not reported in logfile) ?

Reason: