platform question

If I set PT to be 20 pips, why does the platform PT at much less than that (eg: 8 pips in some cases)?

No SL was used. Major pair traded (eurusd) so no issues with spread (spread fixed to 2 pips). Also roll over allowed, so no time stops or anything like that.

niko:

If I set PT to be 20 pips, why does the platform PT at much less than that (eg: 8 pips in some cases)?

No SL was used. Major pair traded (eurusd) so no issues with spread (spread fixed to 2 pips). Also roll over allowed, so no time stops or anything like that.

What is PT?

Should I assume you mean TakeProfit (TP)?

If so, can you post the code and I'll have a look?

cloudbreaker:

What is PT?

Should I assume you mean TakeProfit (TP)?

If so, can you post the code and I'll have a look?

Hey topgun! :)

I figured it out, it was a trade I closed myself before TP, back on track now :)

Man the comments you posted yesterday on 'newbie adventures' board, super informative, but it took me a few hours just to decypher what you meant. An image comes to mind of the stories when a student comes to a Zen master, the zen master says something so simple and clear but the student is left baffled at what the meaning was. But I still managed to find an CalculateOrders chunk of code, and a good friend of mine posted me also same code this morning.

int CalculateNumberOfOrders(string Symbol)
{
int long=0,short=0;
for(int i=0;i<OrdersTotal();i++) //note to me: ***refresh 'for' loop characteristics
{
if(OrderSelect(i,SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_TRADES)==false)break;
if(OrderType()==OP_BUY)long++;
if(OrderType()==OP_SELL)short++;
{
//---return orders Volume
if(long>0)return(long);
if(short>0)return(short);
{
//------------ (next i want to see how this is integrated into rest of code) check hans & other guy's codes

I'l try and see how I can integrate this into my code as of yesterday.

Reason: