Cant see why this wont trade...any ideas?

can anyone see why this EA wont take a trade? i cant see anything wrong but maybe I ave been staring at it too long and cant see the wood for the trees...

please help.

I will add the EA and the indy it uses...

23510:

can anyone see why this EA wont take a trade? i cant see anything wrong but maybe I ave been staring at it too long and cant see the wood for the trees...

please help.

heres the indy

Files:

23510:

heres the indy

can anyone help with this please?

23510:

can anyone help with this please?

Two things:

1. The EA clearly logs problems with order placement and with insufficient funds. Have you confirmed that it's not logging any such problems, and that the issue therefore seems to be with signal generation from the indicator?
  2. As far as I'm aware, iCustom() is very character-sensitive. The use of it in the EA is referring to an indicator called "Laguerre RSI". The indicator file you have posted is called "LaguerreRSI" - i.e. no space in the name (unless it got removed in the upload process). Have you tried adding a space to the indicator file name, or removing the space from the name used in the code? You may need to close and restart MT4 for this to take effect...

jjc:

Two things:

1. The EA clearly logs problems with order placement and with insufficient funds. Have you confirmed that it's not logging any such problems, and that the issue therefore seems to be with signal generation from the indicator?
  2. As far as I'm aware, iCustom() is very character-sensitive. The use of it in the EA is referring to an indicator called "Laguerre RSI". The indicator file you have posted is called "LaguerreRSI" - i.e. no space in the name (unless it got removed in the upload process). Have you tried adding a space to the indicator file name, or removing the space from the name used in the code? You may need to close and restart MT4 for this to take effect...

Thanx for these suggestions ...my journal simply states : "Laguerre RSI" loaded successfully....and then does nothing.

no more error code or anything...at least it gives you errors.

the Lag is named right as far as i know have a look at the pic..the lag is named right but this is all that happens nothing more:

23510 wrote >>

please help.

It is very simple I think. Problem is here:

if(scurrlag<lcurrlag&&sprevlag>85&&scurrlag<85)

if(scurrlag>lcurrlag&&sprevlag<15&&sprevlag>15)

Laguerre RSI value range is 0 to 1, so u have to use 0.85 not 85.. and so on.

Hope this help.

marynarz15:

Hope this help.

thank you I will try that...good observation!

marynarz15:

Hope this help.

BRILLIANT! it worked....trades now. thanx a mill for the help guys.

cheers! :)

Reason: