FAST reply please..... your advice rqstd :)

Have Alpari UK gbp funded live a/c - 'just' ~550 sterling balance

I think seriously about transfer into USD funded state so trade in usd's etc.

Following your kind advices... I would make (or not) the 'phone call to Broker

Thanks in advance

fbj wrote >>

Have Alpari UK gbp funded live a/c - 'just' ~550 sterling balance

I think seriously about transfer into USD funded state so trade in usd's etc.

Following your kind advices... I would make (or not) the 'phone call to Broker

Thanks in advance

Whatever suits you best... Useful if you trade USD pairs, for me using USD is easier to work stuff out as I mainly trade USD pairs.

If you're thinking of going to a US based brokerage - don't bother - they've now got this anti-hedging rule. Poor old US brokerages must be haemoraging customers who use EA's!...

This *STUPID* NFA rule doesn't even let you place pending orders that will open AFTER any opposing trade's close ... WTF !!! And I thought the UK was a nanny state !

TFDM - thanks!

ya, yanks gonna suffer. strange cuz I've read that even tho all the economy 'issues' going on, they are potentially predicted to march ahead and faster than say Europe.

I've followed the thread on this site, tbh tho, does head in so not follow anymore - I'm UK based anyway so whatever... :)

I should have said (he says sheepishly) but I suffer from just not getting it when it comes to the Indirect/Direct rate pairs.

Is many calcs and then you have your a/c ccy to factor in and then the SL calcs, the risk calcs... I just go BLANK minded and cannot literally get my sh*t together to enter correct info.

By then of course, the damn trade is over for all intents!

I kinda jumped the gun and called up Alpari UK.

1. IF a/c has had any trading activity since created THEN is not possible to 'just' switch to another ccy.

2. A new a/c can be opened fast - like within the hour, for the ccy of your choice. A new a/c # and password etc. generated

3. Funding this new a/c can be via simple email request form asking for funds to be moved from old to new (oops, did not ask about ccy rates they would use viz: commissions???)

I was hoping to move to usd's just for your reasons and of course my total inability to get act together regards all the calcs. Just not make sense to me...

I've looked enough around web for something that 'clicks' for me in this calculation stuff but not found anything yet. I sometimes think that many have only part of the info yet they publish on web = propagation of confusion.

I'd happily code ind or script or whatever to do on-the-fly stuff but it's really down to the basics of understanding what I need to do...

getting soooo confused these days - maybe need book self into mushy peas brain hotel and just give up - LOL

What about a hot key'd script that used say Globals or file or even chart objects or? data to make the reqd calcs and place OrderSend(), could even do the retry loop if felt ambitious!

Oh MERDE !!!