How can I get local time while testing

datetime TimeLocal()

Note: At the testing, local time is modeled and is the same as the modeled last known server time.

Is there a way using a windows dll (maybe "shell32.dll" ) to get the local time during a test.

Or you could just hard-code an offset from the server time, and allowing for daylight savings if required.

blogzr3:
Or you could just hard-code an offset from the server time, and allowing for daylight savings if required.

That would only work if I used a global to get an access time which gives me the brokers local time.

int a =1;
int gmt_offset =7; // difference between TimeCurrent()-TimeLocal() in hours
int time_local=GlobalVariableSet("a",a)-gmt_offset*3600;// 7 hour offset between my computer and interbank

It would work, but that's not good if I want to give my program to someone who uses a different broker or in a different time zone. There has to be a proper way to do this.

bunnychopper wrote >>

datetime TimeLocal()

Note: At the testing, local time is modeled and is the same as the modeled last known server time.

Is there a way using a windows dll (maybe "shell32.dll" ) to get the local time during a test.

Please have a look on this indicator script 'Clock v 1.3'. It use kernel32.dll to pick up the system time. Hope this may help.

brother3th:

Please have a look on this indicator script 'Clock v 1.3'. It use kernel32.dll to pick up the system time. Hope this may help.

Excellent this is exactly what I was looking for thank you.

Reason: