Multiple OrderSend

Hi all,

I tried to code 2 ordersend together but only one will be sent

OrderSend(Symbol(), OP_BUY, LotSize(Risk), Ask, 3, Ask - StopLoss, 0, "B", 100, 0, Blue);

OrderSend(Symbol(), OP_BUY, LotSize(Risk), Ask, 3, Ask - StopLoss, Ask + TakeProfit, "B", 200, 0, Blue);

Is there any work ard because my EA will trailing the first one and the second will be based on takeprofit close.

Thanks

doshur:

Hi all,

I tried to code 2 ordersend together but only one will be sent

OrderSend(Symbol(), OP_BUY, LotSize(Risk), Ask, 3, Ask - StopLoss, 0, "B", 100, 0, Blue);

OrderSend(Symbol(), OP_BUY, LotSize(Risk), Ask, 3, Ask - StopLoss, Ask + TakeProfit, "B", 200, 0, Blue);

Is there any work ard because my EA will trailing the first one and the second will be based on takeprofit close.

Thanks

what sort of errors did u get eg trade context busy? if so u need to detect this and resend yr order

ronaldosim:

what sort of errors did u get eg trade context busy? if so u need to detect this and resend yr order

I suppose so.

Any examples that I could follow?

doshur:

Any examples that I could follow?

As ronaldosim is implying, it's just a question of checking GetLastError() if an order fails - i.e. if the ticket number returned by OrderSend is <= 0.

Based on your example code, I'd guess that your problem is one of the following three cases, in descending order of probability:

• By the time you come to place the second order, the market has moved and the Ask price is no longer valid. If so, you will see error #129. You can solve this either by doing a RefreshRates() to update the value of Ask, or by using MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_ASK) instead of Ask.
  • The t/p on the second order is tighter than your broker allows. If so, you will see error #130.
  • MetaTrader's trading thread is busy. If so, you'll probably see error #146.

can this function work if i put them in between

ToTrade();
Ticket = OrderSend(Symbol(), OP_BUY, LotSize(Risk), Ask, 3, Ask - StopLoss, Ask + TakeProfit, "RangerBreak.B", 10703234, 0, Blue);
if(Ticket < 0) Print("Error in OrderSend : ", GetLastError());

ToTrade();
Ticket = OrderSend(Symbol(), OP_BUY, LotSize(Risk), Ask, 3, Ask - StopLoss, 0, "RangerBreak.B", 10703234, 0, Blue);

void ToTrade()
{
for(int i = 0; i < 60; i++)
{
if(IsTradeAllowed() == false || IsTradeContextBusy() == true)
{
Sleep(1000);
}
else
{
RefreshRates();
break;
}
}
}

doshur wrote >>

can this function work if i put them in between

ToTrade();
Ticket = OrderSend(Symbol(), OP_BUY, LotSize(Risk), Ask, 3, Ask - StopLoss, Ask + TakeProfit, "RangerBreak.B", 10703234, 0, Blue);

ToTrade();
Ticket = OrderSend(Symbol(), OP_BUY, LotSize(Risk), Ask, 3, Ask - StopLoss, 0, "RangerBreak.B", 10703234, 0, Blue);

void ToTrade()
{
for(int i = 0; i < 60; i++)
{
if(IsTradeAllowed() == false || IsTradeContextBusy() == true)
{
Sleep(1000);
}
else
{
RefreshRates();
break;
}
}
}

i would prefer this than ToTrade()

while(IsTradeContextBusy()) {Print("Trade context is busy. Please wait");}
if (IsTradeAllowed())
{

Send yr orders

}

ronaldosim:

i would prefer this than ToTrade()

while(IsTradeContextBusy()) {Print("Trade context is busy. Please wait");}
if (IsTradeAllowed())
{

Send yr orders

}

then if IsTradeAllowed() is false and passed the condition to buy?

doshur:

then if IsTradeAllowed() is false and passed the condition to buy?

If you're concerned about error #146 (trade context busy), I'd have a look at the suggestions in 'Error 146 ("Trade context busy") and How to Deal with It'. Under heavy load (e.g. hundreds/thousands of orders per hour) I consistently get serious problems in MetaTrader if I don't use the techniques described in sections 5 and 6 of this article - albeit at the cost of implementing what's effectively co-operative multi-tasking between EAs.

But I'd be surprised from your example code if error #146 is your problem. It still looks more likely to be the ask price being out of date by the time you come to place the second order.

i got the error 138 even using my ToTrade function

doshur:
i got the error 138 even using my ToTrade function

What happens if you use MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_ASK) instead of Ask?

jjc:

What happens if you use MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_ASK) instead of Ask?

just to check

my slippage is 3 points. but does it work for a 5 decimal broker like alpari?

Reason: