Help on drawing lines

Hi,

I am having a hard time looking for a function that you can draw trendlines, horizontal or vertical that you can adjust its length. The function in metatrader is usually drawn from end to end. I just want to draw lines that can be short or long. I saw my friend do it in his platform which I believe is from trade navigator. My other question is if metatrader can place a symbol, sign or arrow on the trades you opened. I only see it in expert advisors wherein there is  an arrow to indicate what price opened. I hope I can do it also so I can see the price opened without difficulty. Help please on this matter. Thanks!

Hi,

See ObjectSet and set the index to OBJPROP_RAY to make the line continuing. That's may be what you are looking for.

Sorry, I don't understand your second question... (see also ObjectCreate)

Have a look to Have you seen such a picture to see exemples of what is possible with MT4 :-)

Jacques366:

Hi,

See ObjectSet and set the index to OBJPROP_RAY to make the line continuing. That's may be what you are looking for.

Sorry, I don't understand your second question... (see also ObjectCreate)

Have a look to Have you seen such a picture to see exemples of what is possible with MT4 :-)

Hi Jacques,

Thanks for replying! My second question is basically how do you put a symbol, sign, or arrow everytime you opened a trade. Let's say I just opened a trade. I want to see the exact point in the chart on where I entered. I just want an indication where I opened that trade. I hope I am making sense. Thanks for teaching me in my first question but I don't know how to set it up.

jaychi wrote >>

Hi Jacques,

Thanks for replying! My second question is basically how do you put a symbol, sign, or arrow everytime you opened a trade. Let's say I just opened a trade. I want to see the exact point in the chart on where I entered. I just want an indication where I opened that trade. I hope I am making sense. Thanks for teaching me in my first question but I don't know how to set it up.

How to set it up?... just write something like that : ObjectSet(YourObject,OBJPROP_RAY,1); after your object creation.

When you open an order you use the OrderSend command, right? So just put the color you like in the arrow_color parameter. You will have the arrow on the chart vthe EA is attached to.

Reason: