First EA won't Trade

I have written a EA. It back test just fine. I have a smilly face. Any ideals of what could be wrong? ---Tom

tparimore:

I have written a EA. It back test just fine. I have a smilly face. Any ideals of what could be wrong? ---Tom

Please:

a) Tell us what its meant to do

b) Tell us what its doing (include any errors you're seeing)

c) Post your code

cloudbreaker wrote >>

Please:

a) Tell us what its meant to do

b) Tell us what its doing (include any errors you're seeing)

c) Post your code

Never mind it just traded. It is suppose to trade on the cross of 2 MA. There have been 2 crosses since I went live with it. No command was issued the first time. It did trade the second opportunity. It has always acted as expected when back testing. I will ask for help it happens again. Thanks anyway. ---Tom

tparimore:
Never mind it just traded. It is suppose to trade on the cross of 2 MA. There have been 2 crosses since I went live with it. No command was issued the first time. It did trade the second opportunity. It has always acted as expected when back testing. I will ask for help it happens again. Thanks anyway. ---Tom

Good stuff. The forum post obviously scared the little blighter into action.

tparimore:

If you need help in future, may I introduce a very helpful fellow known as Print()?

Just put Print() in the appropriate places in your code, and it will tell you what's happening and what's not.

Thanks for the tip. I will most definetly use this. ---Tom
Reason: