PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE create a "Programmers' section"

This is a programming language forum.

Yet for some reason it attracts non-programmers.

Now, to the best of my knowledge, programmers don't clog up knitting forums with ill-conceived comments about perling and casting. Or ask little old ladies to knit them a free jumper.

However, for some unknown reason it happens the other way about in this forum.

Now, like many, I get a buzz out of helping folk who genuinely want to learn how to code up their own strategy. But there are so many who are the absolute opposite. "Ooh, I need a free EA", "Me, me, me, I need to get rich", "Why doesn't my EA (not supplied of course) work?", "Well sir, what is it meant to do?" -> "Huh?"

So, Moderators PLEASE for the sake of my sanity, my fast depleting reserve of sarcastic put-downs, my ongoing battle to become a good Christian person and my general will to live, PLEASE create an area for programmers only!

Yours in hope.

PS: It would help if some people could use the following 3 guidelines when asking a question on the forum:

- Try to aim for at least 80% of the correct letters when making words

- Avoid placing words randomly into sentences; some sort of order generally helps

- Have a point

PPS: The VERY next post after I wrote this was pretty much exactly the "Why doesn't my EA (not supplied of course) work?" scenario. You couldn't make it up.

I actually enjoy reading your responses to the posts in question. So, for my personal entertainment I request that we leave the forum as-is. :)

This is an internationally mapped forum, yes? As such, sentence construction will always be debatable. Is life... :)

First language can be veeery diff, yes?

Wanna have fun? Pop over to .ru forum. Even get any old xlat s/w to present you with xlatd page. Now... see how long you can keep smiling ;)

But... the benifits are massive! .ru forum pulls in some real heavyweights. Xlatd pages are HARD going but can be worth it at times!

Forum alteration? never gonna happen in a month of Sundays friend - never ever.

Has been harped on for years. Is home grown and that's that.

Upside? well, those crazy 'nothing' posts get scrolled down fast. Double edged tho is it not? Same happens to genuine queries etc. = massively frustrating. Again, Is life...:)

Seriously, since visitors come from all corners of the globe, is part and parcel of the site. Bend with the wind else get knocked over...

I have my own pressure valve = go away and not bother for a period of time. After all... one can get very locked into always answering questions and I reckon that is a buz at times - but there is always the sting in the tail of little or no response to the work one puts into replies, no wat I mean? I get seriously mental sometimes about that... buuuuut I just let me valve release and come back later - some times say a week or three!

Tovan maybe correct ya know?

C ya at the barricades comrad!

btw,

IS there any acceptable metric for what is and is not a programmer?

I'd hazard a guess that the answer is no!

Why? think ego for starters. Then sprinkle liberally with basic desperation regards wanting to turn a penny or three! aka, greed :)

damn... almost forgot! IF I'm lucky enough, maybe one of you will read this question about https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/116228/page2#157048

Ais states d1-d2>0.

? wat about d1-d2>=0 ?

basically CAN ONE USE: LT,EQ,GT,LE,GE ?????????

I ask cuz that -0 has me. errr, it all does really!

After reading that thread for the millionth time I decided to sweat out this hack:

bool dcmpP1GTP2 (double P1,double P2) {return(normD( normD(P1)-normD(P2) ) >0);}

so ok... but then I start messing with TSL's and my [for me understood interpretation] is - eg, if long

Bid - nowLiveSL >= eTSL + eTSLstep

Where: e is my pseudo Hungarian for external and I just verify -> normalize(..digits 'n stuff) in init(), then they float around rdy for use as reqd... ya know?

fbj:

This is an internationally mapped forum, yes? ...

fbj, are you magyar? :)

ggekko:

fbj, are you magyar? :)

szóra sem érdemes!

fbj:

szóra sem érdemes!

Akkor üdvözöllek!:)

Hello Friends,
Hello Fbj,

Slightly off topic, but some newest hints for absolutely precise price operations:

double ald.PricePoint = Point                                       ;
double ald.PriceAsk   = Ask                                         ;
double ald.PriceBid   = Bid                                         ;
int    ali.PriceAsk   = MathRound ( ald.PriceAsk / ald.PricePoint ) ;
int    ali.PriceBid   = MathRound ( ald.PriceBid / ald.PricePoint ) ;

Also on topic.
I suggest to create topic something like "Advanced programmers section" or simply "Programmers".

Best regards,
Ais

Hello Ais, Topic? This forum has one topic... LINEAR ;)

Not get your 'hint'.

I do the thunks stuff and come up with following:

eg, 1.12345/0.00001 -> 112345.[???] -> round(..) -> 11234[5|?] depending on [???]; ie, maybe round up or down to nearest int.

1. What's the int val good for?

2. How use... are not doubles "where it's at" ?

3. Additionally, IF rounding is involved just how is this "absolutely precise" ?

4. Maybe this is method for truncation of digits right of point?

Best

Reason: