Integrate Metatrader with C#. Is this possible?

Hello,

I have been devoloping my own trading plataform in C#.

Is it possible to, from my C# plataform, get real time and historical values from metatrader and also send trading orders, receive account info, etc?

I am using VS 2008 / C# / Net Framework 3.5.

Thanks,

Miguel

shapper wrote >>

Hello,

Is it possible to, from my C# plataform, get real time and historical values from metatrader and also send trading orders, receive account info, etc?

Thanks,

Miguel

There's an MT4 API somewhere - I downloaded it once but can't remember where from. Load of API calls to login to a server & send trades etc. Couldn't see how to recieve "tick" or other server data though. Seemed to work when I tested my login etc... So it may get expanded by the developers.

Here's a link to the API article on this forum 'New API MetaTrader 4 AVAILABLE'

I've been looking into all this as I find the MQL4 language VERY restrictive, I've given up and intend to wait for MQL5 as its claiming it will have classes, OO and debug facilities. This process involved writing a C++ wrapper to call out to a .NET assembly. It was a right nightmare and I couldn't get it all to work together. It was very un-intuitive.

There's also a C# trading platform that you can get from an open source web site. Can't remember where I got this either !

I'll dig out the stuff when I get home & post the links for you.

TheForexDevMan wrote >>

There's an MT4 API somewhere - I downloaded it once but can't remember where from. Load of API calls to login to a server & send trades etc. Couldn't see how to recieve "tick" or other server data though. Seemed to work when I tested my login etc... So it may get expanded by the developers.

Here's a link to the API article on this forum 'New API MetaTrader 4 AVAILABLE'

I've been looking into all this as I find the MQL4 language VERY restrictive, I've given up and intend to wait for MQL5 as its claiming it will have classes, OO and debug facilities. This process involved writing a C++ wrapper to call out to a .NET assembly. It was a right nightmare and I couldn't get it all to work together. It was very un-intuitive.

There's also a C# trading platform that you can get from an open source web site. Can't remember where I got this either !

I'll dig out the stuff when I get home & post the links for you.

Hi,

Thank you. Those links would be welcome.

But is there an ETA for the release of MT5? I though that was at least 1 or 2 years.

Thank You,

Miguel

shapper wrote >>

Hi,

Thank you. Those links would be welcome.

But is there an ETA for the release of MT5? I though that was at least 1 or 2 years.

Thank You,

Miguel

I spoke to "Rosh" recently and he told me that the new version wouldn't be around until the Autumn of '09.

I've sent you a privat emessage with the links to the open source forex platform. The other link is above in my first reply.

shapper wrote >>

Hello,

Thanks,

Miguel

Released new MetaTrader API for .NET
It allows you to control MetaTrader terminal from .NET code. The code can be debugged in Visual Studio.
Download page
http://www.dotnetremoting.com/dow.aspx
For the enquires : support@dotnetremoting.com

shapper:

Hello,

Thanks,

Miguel

Check out OpenForexPlatform.com

Good and talented people.  All open source and you can download new builds as they come hot off the presses. Hopefully, contribute, as well.

Integration with MT4 is fairly trivial now, even simultaneously connecting with Multiple MT4s, etc.

Best,

Merlin

MerlinBrasil: I have been using your API MetaTrader many times but i m stuck into an error "Sorry, trial period expired." please get me out of it......

.nj4x - Software, providing Java and .Net interface to MetaQuotes™ trading servers in a legal and reliable way

When comparing your solution nj4x with mt4api what are the main differences - except one being originally written in Java, another in .Net:-) ? I mean differences from the user perspective?

NJ4X
(C# metatrader access library version of JFX API)

a) proposes TCP/UDP communication channels between .Net / Java applications and MT4 terminals. Provides highly scalable deployment architecture
b) end-user do not bother about MT4 terminals at all
c) MQ4 methods mapping has more accurate design

d) performance and resource consumption metrics are publicly available

a) proposes DDE communication channel between .Net application and MT4 terminal, which does not scale enough.
b) requires mt4 terminal to be started and configured manually
c) maps unnecessary MQ4 methods (like StrToInteger) and data (like Bid/Ask arrays) to .Net
d) does not provide broker's financial instruments to the application
e) presents no performance metrics

recently saw another free way to program C# for MetaTrader
http://tradeplatform.codeplex.com

Here's a link to the API article on this site

www.erdemsevimli.com/metatrader-ve-visual-c-kullanimi.html

Reason: