Change EA to perform as it does on 'Open prices only' backtest

Hello, I have an EA which performs significantly better when tested with the 'Open prices only' option in backtests on 15 min bars, as opposed to the 'Every tick'.

I would like to make changes to my EA to force it to perform as it does when I test on 'Open prices only'. I am not a great coder, but I have tried to place a on newbar trigger around my code, but the results are still different. Is there something else that I need to consider such as prices that SLs and TPs are taken at? Could anyone please tell me the steps I should consider in changing my code to perform as an open prices only EA?

Thanks

kkarr:

Hello, I have an EA which performs significantly better when tested with the 'Open prices only' option in backtests on 15 min bars, as opposed to the 'Every tick'.

I would like to make changes to my EA to force it to perform as it does when I test on 'Open prices only'. I am not a great coder, but I have tried to place a on newbar trigger around my code, but the results are still different. Is there something else that I need to consider such as prices that SLs and TPs are taken at? Could anyone please tell me the steps I should consider in changing my code to perform as an open prices only EA?

Thanks

You will not get the same results as the market does in fact tick up and down onn its way to make a new bar, it does not suddenly appear at a new bar with a new price. Once you change your ea to use only the open prices in ALL its calculations your EA performance will probably suffer.

Reason: