Suggesting a Feature. Synchronize Crosshair in Diffferent Windows.

In my workspace I always have charts in different time frames: say 1 min and 5 min. When moving the crosshair in one time frame, it would be helpful to see the crosshair in the same position in the other time frame. That is to have the position of the crosshair synchronized in all time frames.

I agree. There have been several times that I have wanted exactly what you just described. I also think it would be nice to have a single window with multiple time-frame charts. I've seen some attempts at indicators that do this, but I think it would be cleaner if it were a built-in feature.

tovan:

I agree. There have been several times that I have wanted exactly what you just described.

By the way, I did not invent this feature. I remember seeing it in a stock charting program RavenQuote which is long gone.

gm10 wrote >>
In my workspace I always have charts in different time frames: say 1 min and 5 min. When moving the crosshair in one time frame, it would be helpful to see the crosshair in the same position in the other time frame. That is to have the position of the crosshair synchronized in all time frames.

You have to specify to your indicator the timeframe of reference, so it will calculate the result from that one only and display the same result in every timeframe chart because calculation is independant from the chart time frame you are using. For the time being, you will find the parameter to Null and that means the indicator will use the data from the chart you are on to perform its calculation so the result is changing from one time frame to the other.

Jacques366:

You have to specify to your indicator the timeframe of reference, so it will calculate the result from that one only and display the same result in every timeframe chart because calculation is independant from the chart time frame you are using. For the time being, you will find the parameter to Null and that means the indicator will use the data from the chart you are on to perform its calculation so the result is changing from one time frame to the other.

Jacques366, thank you for the reply.

Unfortunately, I know nothing about "under-the-hood".

I would like to clarify what I am talking about. I have several windows open simaltaneously in the working space. When I move the crosshair in one window, I'd like to see crosshairs in other windows moving in sync with the first window.

gm10:

Jacques366, thank you for the reply.

Unfortunately, I know nothing about "under-the-hood".

I would like to clarify what I am talking about. I have several windows open simaltaneously in the working space. When I move the crosshair in one window, I'd like to see crosshairs in other windows moving in sync with the first window.

I think we are talking of the same thing. This crosshairs you are talking about are made by programs (indicator oe EA), if you are watching the M5 chart, the program is performing the calculation and draw the result on the chart, ithe calculation is performed with the M5 data. If you are now watching, let's say the M15 chart, the program is displaying the result resulting from a calculation using the M15 data wich are different from the M5 data, so you are getting different results, different drawings. So you have to transform your program for it to perform the calculation using a specified timeframe data and not the data of the chart you are watching. Even if the windows are open simultaniously, that doesn't matter. I hope you understand. 

Or may be I am not understanding what you call a crosshairs...  

Yes. MetaTrader 5. http://mql5.com/7r5

Open your Task Manager > Perfomance tab, activate the cross hair, move the cross hair to any direction you like and watch processor usage at Task Manager and then smile !
Reason: